What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring PDFs from PC to iPad

Harlen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best way to do this? I have emailed them to myself and opened the email and PDF in Adobe Reader in iPad. But is there a way to send multiple PDFs directly from the PC to the iPad, for instance, while docked?

Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Harlen-how I deal with this is by using the Dropbox app. I love this app. It goes on the iPad and also on your laptop. It also has a website, where you can sign in and transfer data that way.

What I do is select the PDFs from my PC and slide it into a folder within the Dropbox app. Once my iPad obtains a wifi connection, it automatically syncs into the Dropbox app and available to view on my iPad. It's great-hope that gives you an option.

tabraha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for Dropbox. I can get to any of my files from my laptop, desktop, iPads and phone. The real jewel is that it syncs the files as well.

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like said previously, Dropbox is the best option if not Dropbox you could email them to yourself on the PC then access the email on your iPad and voila, or iTunes could work too :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
+3 for Dropbox. I have many apps integrated with Dropbox and use it every day. One of the apps I recommend the highest.

Sincity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the MAD Magazine collection in PDF. What I did was install iBooks and from iTunes I dragged them from the PC into the BOOKS folder in iTunes and sync. The magazine with the covers shows up in the iBooks bookcase. There is an IOS file sharing method that Good Reader uses that you drag/drop/sync.

Such a hassle, really. Wish it was like an Android where you can drag/drop onto a micro-SD card and plug into the tab since most Android tablets have a built-in reader.

Most reactions

Latest posts