What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring media from iPad to IPod?

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
Hello again.

I wondered if anyone could help with my new problem.

I have a Steepletone USB jukebox. You can install and play music on these things via micro USB and SD card. It does say in the manual that not all USB devices will work and having tried attaching my external HD and flash drive to no avail, they are right!

But on the top is an iPod dock. I would be quite happy to buy an iPod and have it sit on the top and play music from that. And the storage on the jukebox is 4gb where on an iPod I think you would get a minimum 16gb?

My question is, if I buy an iPod, how would I buy music and put it on there? Does an iPod connect to the web and iTunes?

Or, as I have already been buying music on iTunes which is stored on my iPad, would I be able to Bluetooth the files onto the iPod from my iPad? There is a Bluetooth section on the panel of the jukebox but it does look a bit complicated to me.

It would be great if someone could guide me through this little dilemma. The object of course is to have a. USB jukebox to be filled with music, this issue I have is how to get songs onto the thing!

Thanks in advance.:p

OP
Precious Little

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
Okay, success on the transferring of music, so easy!

Bought a 59p song first, then got a message saying to avoid sync, turn on automatic downloads.

Then all the music previously bought on the iPad shows on the iPod.

I hope it stays there!

What would happen if I turn off the iPad, maybe I should try this.

But for now I am set and hopefully sliding the new iPod into the jukebox will have it playing tunes in no time.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should simply be able to populate your iPod with music through iTunes. All of your purchases will be available there. Your iPod will operate completely independently of your iPad.

OP
Precious Little

Precious Little

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jangle.forumatic.com
I have a problem now because the iPod asked to install the update ios612 and now that is done, the music shows only on the iPad whereas before the update the iPod had everything that was on the iPad.

How would I resolve this, anyone? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have accessed the "not on this iPod" list and it looks as though I have to download albums and individual songs again to the iPod which is laborious.

Of course the music is already purchased and so I am hoping that I will not be billed twice?

Whatever, that is what I did and the jukebox is now on shuffle, happy days!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts