What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod to iPad data transfer

borderlandboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just tried to get my iPad mini 2 to take on my music collection from my iPod (4years old). My laptop which has the music on will not open my iPad, and my PC which I have been using to connect to my ipad will not take up my music collection. How do I get the data on to my iPad without starting again with all my CD's?

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put iTunes on your laptop. iTunes is the librarian for music on the iPad. Use the same ID on the laptop and the iPad.
Set the iTunes' preferences to organize the music library, but DON'T copy the music into the iTunes Library. The music is already on the laptop. Drag the music over to iTunes.

There is a way to move music from an iPod to a computer, but you say the music is already on the laptop. The simple way is to connect the iPad to the laptop with iTunes. PC software won't do the job you want to do.

Last edited:
OP
B

borderlandboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I had tried to connect to my laptop, but it had not "seen" the iPad, The problem was solved when I got round to installing the latest iTunes update. Now everything is rosey!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had tried to connect to my laptop, but it had not "seen" the iPad, The problem was solved when I got round to installing the latest iTunes update. Now everything is rosey!

That's great it worked out well for you and thanks for coming back on that so that others may be assisted by chinajon's excellent advice.
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions