What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring apps from the iPad to the iTunes Library

SaRiKa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded apps from my iPad and now i want to transfer it to my iTunes Library, but it doesn't want to. I said "transfer purchases" but it only says copying and then it is done. It doesnt show any of the apps on my library. Please help me!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded apps from my iPad and now i want to transfer it to my iTunes Library, but it doesn't want to. I said "transfer purchases" but it only says copying and then it is done. It doesnt show any of the apps on my library. Please help me!

We meet again!! Just to be clear, you've downloaded some apps directly to your iPad from the Apple App Store (i.e. you didn't download them to the PC first of all) and now you want to back them up on your PC using iTunes? And when the 'copying' is complete, they are not showing up on your PC?

Tim

pad2foruM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apps purchased from the iTunes store are on the page listing all my purchased apps (on my PC). I wish to delete two of them - they were free apps and after I used them on the iPad2 for a while, I deleted them from the iPad. However, I need to know how to delete them from the list on the iTunes store page before I do another sync. I can un-check the apps I don't want to sync to the iPad, but instead I wish to delete them completely from the iTunes store list of puchased apps (they were free apps). CAN YOU HELP?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

With your iPad connected to the computer, go to iTunes and select your iPad under the Devices list. Now go to the Apps tab. Make sure you have Sync Apps selected. Now try the Transfer Purchases option.

Or, you can also select the automatic apps sync check box at the bottom of the list, and sync the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The apps purchased from the iTunes store are on the page listing all my purchased apps (on my PC). I wish to delete two of them - they were free apps and after I used them on the iPad2 for a while, I deleted them from the iPad. However, I need to know how to delete them from the list on the iTunes store page before I do another sync. I can un-check the apps I don't want to sync to the iPad, but instead I wish to delete them completely from the iTunes store list of puchased apps (they were free apps). CAN YOU HELP?

Open iTunes on the computer. Select Apps under the Library list. If you don't see it open iTunes Preferences and check to show it under the General tab.

Find the condemed app. You can either right click on it and choose delete, or drag it to the trash.

This is one of the few things you can do without connecting your iPad first.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

Open iTunes on the PC. Under the "Library" heading you'll see "Apps" Click to open. Find the offending apps, right click on the app icon and click "Delete." Viola!

Most reactions

Latest posts