What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-installing Apps

Foamfollower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings !

This may seem like a silly question, but here I go.
If I install an App on my iPad, synch it to my iTunes Library and then delete it from my iPad it stays in my iTunes which is fine. My question is this; how do I transfer it back to my iPad ?? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the iPad hooked up to iTunes and selected, go to the Applications area. The column on the left shows all your compatible apps. Just check the box next to the app and sync.

This is also a good way to remove a large number of apps all at once. Just uncheck the boxes, and sync.

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way to reinstall the app on your iPad is to download it again from the Apple App Store...it will recognize that you have purchased it previously and will download it again for free. No hooking up cables, no waiting for iTunes to load and no sync time!

Greetings !

This may seem like a silly question, but here I go.
If I install an App on my iPad, synch it to my iTunes Library and then delete it from my iPad it stays in my iTunes which is fine. My question is this; how do I transfer it back to my iPad ?? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the iPad hooked up to iTunes and selected, go to the Applications area. The column on the left shows all your compatible apps. Just check the box next to the app and sync.

This is also a good way to remove a large number of apps all at once. Just uncheck the boxes, and sync.

Where are they removed from? The iDevice or iTunes... per your example above?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Where are they removed from? The iDevice or iTunes... per your example above?

Only from the iPad.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way is with the iPad hooked up to the computer, highlight the iPad on the left column (the one with apps, iTunes store, music, video, etc.) then you will see some tabs along the top, select the apps tab, and you will see all your apps there. You can check, or uncheck, but you can also see a representation of the pages on the iPad, so you can drag, drop, make folders, etc, just like you are working on your iPad, but doing it with a mouse. If you get more apps, this is a much easier way of dealing with larger number of apps, or organizing them into folders.

Most reactions