What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Library???

JohnMak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a new iPad - and in fact everything Apple - and now when I connect to my iMac is tells me there is new software.

I try to upgrade but get the following message:-
There are purchased items on the iPad "iPad" that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPad. Are you sure you want to continue.
My questions are:-
1. Where is the iTunes Library the message refers to?
2. How do I transfer the purchased items to my iTunes library?
3. The "Are you sure you want to continue" sounds ominous.

Any help appreciated. I am struggling with the whole switchover to Apple OS - iMac, iPad, iPod and Airport.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

1) Your iTunes library is on your computer. What this message means is that you have obviously downloaded an app or some music or a book or some other sort of content directly on your iPad and now it wants to make a copy of that and put it on your computer. This is a good thing. Are you sure you want to continue? The answer is yes!

2) How do you transfer the purchases? Simply by answering Yes to the question is all you need to do and iTunes will automatically transfer the purchase from your iPad into your computer.

3) I does sound a little ominous, but it is nothing to be afraid of, I promise you!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't do this the update will wipe your iPad in order to install the new firmware and you'll have download everything again from the iTunes store.

Rita C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help. I want to download to 4.2 but I get the message that purchases have not been transfered to the library. The only thing which is not in the library are my apps. Don't know why and I don't have an app folder in my library. I I say sync apps, I get the message that all apps will be replaced with the apps from the library. But I have no apps in the library. Help what do i do. If I install 4.2 without syncing apps, what will happen

Most reactions

Latest posts