What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annotated PDF files

Baxter54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few hundred PDF files that I have painstakingly annotated with Goodreader for IPad(1). My laptop computer to which the IPad is currently synced has become unserviceable. I have purchased a new laptop computer and when I sync my IPad on the new laptop computer for the first time, I fear that I will lose all the data. While I have the PDF files on the computer, it is the annotations that I do not want to lose. Is there someway in which I can transfer my PDF files with its annotations in Goodreader to the new PC? Please help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have access to MobileMe iDisk or to DropBox? I use MobileMe all the time to transfer files from my iPad to my PC.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is also the local network wi-fi methods.

Tap the wi-fi signal icon at the bottom of GoodReader's screen. It will present you with some info, including a URL/IP address. Type this into your computer's web browser for single downloads. For entire folders see the WiFi File Transfer Manual to connect using the computer's file system. Both the iPad and computer need to be connected to your home network.

BTW, this same info and much more can be had from within the Google app. Just tap on the ? at the bottom of the screen and choose How-Tos and ... transfer files to/from GoodReader.

DropBox is still worth getting, btw. Just wanted you to know you have options.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts