What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer purchased music

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I transfer only the recently purchased music from my iPad2 to iTunes on my PC without also doing apps or anything else? I have limited space on the PC so I just want the songs right now. Tried to do it once but not everything would transfer due to the space issue and I didn't see anywhere that I could select only the new songs to transfer. Is this possible?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open the iTunes on the computer and go to the Store. In the Quick Links at the top right you will see a Purchased option. You can use this to see all your purchased music from iTunes, and even filter it for tracks that are not on your computer. You can download these previously purchased tracks to the computer for free.

That would probably be the easiest way, and you won't have to mess with the sync settings in iTunes.

OP
I

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Open the iTunes on the computer and go to the Store. In the Quick Links at the top right you will see a Purchased option. You can use this to see all your purchased music from iTunes, and even filter it for tracks that are not on your computer. You can download these previously purchased tracks to the computer for free.

That would probably be the easiest way, and you won't have to mess with the sync settings in iTunes.

Thank you sir. Great info as usual.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
idave23 said:
Thank you sir. Great info as usual.

No Problem. If you go into the Prefernces in iTunes, the Store tab, you can select Music, Books, and Apps so that they will be auotomaticlly downloaded to the computer when they are purchased on your other devices. You can do this for your iPad too in Settings > Store.

bossy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My setting only show apps and books for some reason. Btw, new to the forum and a wonderful resource it is.

OP
I

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Problem. If you go into the Prefernces in iTunes, the Store tab, you can select Music, Books, and Apps so that they will be auotomaticlly downloaded to the computer when they are purchased on your other devices. You can do this for your iPad too in Settings > Store.
Thanks again Poet. I checked and it was already selected on my iPad. So I'll do it on my PC at home after work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bossy said:
My setting only show apps and books for some reason. Btw, new to the forum and a wonderful resource it is.

This feature is a part of the iCloud beta that was rolled out in the U.S. and a few other countries. All features may not be available everywhere.

Most reactions

Latest posts