What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from PC to iPas3

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you can do this via iTunes. First of all, you need to have your folders placed inside your Pictures or My Pictures folder on your PC. Make sure you don't have any sub-folders within in your folders.

In iTunes, plug your iPad in. Once connected, click on the iPad in the left hand column then select the Photos tab. Make sure the Sync Photos box is checked. Select the option that allows you to select the folders to sync, then check the folders required. Click Sync and away you go.

Be careful if syncing a lot of photos at once. Apparently it is a very slow process, so allow time and maybe add 1 folder at a time depending on how many you have in each folder.

OP
ljmwoody

ljmwoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks but I think that is what I tried. The new folder is just dumped on top of an existing folder. I will recheck and follow your advice carefully.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind this is a sync, not a copy. If you deselect one folder to add another, the old folder will be deleted from the iPad. What you want to do is put all the folders you want to sync under one master folder, and then select that to sync.

It is best to create a master folder and subfolders specifically to sync with the iPad and place copies of your pictures in them. That way you never have to worry about losing or accidentally deleting the originals when editing these folders.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks but I think that is what I tried. The new folder is just dumped on top of an existing folder. I will recheck and follow your advice carefully.

Try some file manager available on the AppStore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PhotoSync from the iTunes store. For any photo I want to sync from my PC, I just use any internet browser and surf over to my iPad IP address and select then transfer. It's all VERY simple.

Most reactions

Latest posts