What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer of prepaid apps from one ipad to another

GBitunes1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have just been given an iPad for work so I intend to sell my now not required iPad. I have on it some prepaid apps that I would like on the new iPad. Is there a way I can transfer them or reload onto the new iPad without having to pay again?

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you back up your old iPad then set up your new iPad by restoring from that back up then everything will be transferred to your new iPad.

In addition, as long as you use the same Apple ID all of your previously purchased apps will be available to download again for free, just open the App Store app and choose the "purchased" tab.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, just re-read your post, if your company iPad comes with an Apple ID set up by your company then neither of the above will work unless they permit you to sign in with your personal Apple ID, in which case you can use the App Store "purchased" method.

The Archangel

Most reactions