What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer MP3 from gmail to ipad

megliz814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there-

A DJ friend of ours helped us do some custom mashups for our wedding this weekend and emailed them to me via gmail in MP3 format. We are traveling to Mexico and the resort requires that the music we bring has be on an apple device. I know you can't save the MP3'S directly from Gmail to the iPad but is there a workaround? We leave in 2 days and I'm starting to panic.

Thanks,
Megan

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi there-

A DJ friend of ours helped us do some custom mashups for our wedding this weekend and emailed them to me via gmail in MP3 format. We are traveling to Mexico and the resort requires that the music we bring has be on an apple device. I know you can't save the MP3'S directly from Gmail to the iPad but is there a workaround? We leave in 2 days and I'm starting to panic.

Hi Megan - now, I do not understand why the Mexican resort requires your music to be on an Apple device but would be curious if they gave you an explanation.

Now, you've provided us no information on what hardware/software that you currently own: 1) Do you have a computer w/ iTunes installed; if so, is the computer a Mac (iMac or laptop) or PC w/ Windows; and 2) Do you own a portable iDevice (e.g. iPad, iPhone, or iPod) to take to Mexico? The music could be downloaded to a computer and imported into iTunes, a playlist could then be made w/ the desired MP3 files, and finally these can be transferred to an iDevice (I do this all of the time) - BUT, I'll stop there to let you reply. Dave :)

OP
M

megliz814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get it either with the whole Apple thing. However, I did finally figure out how to do it! I ended up downloading iTunes on to my PC (I didn't even know I could do that, thought I had to have a Mac). Then downloaded the mp3's onto my computer into iTunes, so it then popped up on my ipad too. Only took me 2 hours to figure it out! Thank you!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get it either with the whole Apple thing. However, I did finally figure out how to do it! I ended up downloading iTunes on to my PC (I didn't even know I could do that, thought I had to have a Mac). Then downloaded the mp3's onto my computer into iTunes, so it then popped up on my ipad too. Only took me 2 hours to figure it out! Thank you!

GREAT! Yep, there is a Windows version of iTunes - so you have your music imported into the Windows Apple app - then you also own an iPad and said that the music 'popped up' on the device - typically takes a cabled connection from a computer to an iPad to transfer the music - do you have any Apple iCloud music options activated? My point is that if you are planning to only take the iPad to Mexico you have to be certain that the files are on the iDevice and not simply being streamed from your PC over a common Wi-Fi network - let us know? Dave :)

OP
M

megliz814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you are right! Sorry, I forgot to mention they were connected by USB cord (PC and iPad). I unplugged the iPad where it was independent, and all of the songs were on there thank GOD! One less thing to stress about ha! Thank you guys!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes you are right! Sorry, I forgot to mention they were connected by USB cord (PC and iPad). I unplugged the iPad where it was independent, and all of the songs were on there thank GOD! One less thing to stress about ha! Thank you guys!

OK - so you also had your iPad plugged to your PC - you must have done an iTunes sync to get the music files from your computer to your iPad - seems like a success! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts