What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer ipod touch 4g games/apps to ipad?

cliff5550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While waiting for delivery of her new Ipad, my wife is wondering if the games she bought and downloaded to her Ipod Touch 4G will transfer to the Ipad. I did a quick search for this but maybe I didn't word it right. So we're looking to you folks for help, info and direction.
She loves the Ipod Touch 4G I bought her for Christmas and that's what has lead to us buying the Ipad.
Thanks.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but they will be in the center of the screen on the iPad. You can also expand the size to fullscreen, but it'll be not as clear.

OP
C

cliff5550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean they will be the same size as they are on the Ipod Touch? One of the reasons she wanted the Ipad was because of eye strain with the Ipod. OOHHHH NNOOO!

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean they will be the same size as they are on the Ipod Touch? One of the reasons she wanted the Ipad was because of eye strain with the Ipod. OOHHHH NNOOO!

The only apps that will work are the Universal ones....the ones with the + on them in the App Store. Otherwise, in order to get higher resolution graphics, you need to buy the HD versions of the games.

However, there will be an x2 button on the screen in the iPod app, and that will double the size to make it easier to see, but it will reduce the quality of the image

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, in order to use the same apps without re-purchasing them you need to make sure you sync it with the same computer and use the same Apple ID to set up.

The same computer can be worked around later if necessary, but you must use the same Apple ID. It's a DRM thing.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The X2 zoom button works great on some games, I have a few that are iphone only and yet look really clear on ipad when I use the X2 button. other games look like crap lol but some day they will make ipad versions =)

Most reactions

Latest posts