What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer from PC

ianb59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to transfer photos from my PC to Ipad without losing the photos already installed on there. I would like to create new folder and sync this to the IPad but every time I try I lose existing photos. Is it possible?

Thanks

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive not done this for a while but when you plug it in to the PC. You can cancel the sync. Then open my computer go to ipad device and drag and drop all the pics in the folder you want. Not sure if you can still do this though as i dont use a PC no more.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive not done this for a while but when you plug it in to the PC. You can cancel the sync. Then open my computer go to ipad device and drag and drop all the pics in the folder you want. Not sure if you can still do this though as i dont use a PC no more.

That is more for iPad to PC. The OP wants to go PC to iPad.

For ease of use, try Photo Transfer App. Very user friendly.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest I find using a Cloud service such as Dropbox much better.
You don't need to connect to a PC and you have the files stored in the Cloud as both a Backup and for any other device to remotely access including PC, Phones, etc.

HanllyJimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to transfer photos from my PC to Ipad without losing the photos already installed on there. I would like to create new folder and sync this to the IPad but every time I try I lose existing photos. Is it possible?

Thanks

That is very easy,just just iTunes, drag the folder or files from your pc to your iTunes then sync to your iPad. OVER!!!

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is very easy,just just iTunes, drag the folder or files from your pc to your iTunes then sync to your iPad. OVER!!!

I wouldn't call it 'OVER'. Not everyone likes using iTunes or even a wired connection.
It's an option yes but I wouldn't have it as my default method.... Come to think of it iTunes would be my very last method.
If I couldn't use a cloud service or my CCK I wouldn't bother.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest I find using a Cloud service such as Dropbox much better.
You don't need to connect to a PC and you have the files stored in the Cloud as both a Backup and for any other device to remotely access including PC, Phones, etc.
Same here. Dropbox works for me and I can view it later on any device that has Internet connectivity

Most reactions