What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer digital copy movie to ipad

framos917

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I both have Windows 7 laptops for Creation work, for Consumption she has a ipad2, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. We have quite a few purchased DVD's that have redeemer coupons for digital copies. I recently used 2 of these to download .wmv files to windows 7, then connected Samsung to Windows, using Samsung Kies software (syncing software), synced .wmv movies to Samsung tablet, and watched the 2 movies on a plane trip WITHOUT internet connection. How do I accomplish this for the ipad2 running IOS 7? I tried redeeming movies to iTunes, then syncd ipad2 to get movies. However, I can only view movies if I have an internet connection. I would like them stored on ipad2 so I can watch offline while traveling. I am a newbie to this, so I am sure I am missing something simple. Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After you've redeem the digital copy, you can add it physically onto your laptop's iTunes library, and from there, you should be able to sync the movie over onto the iPad either by using the sync function, or if you're used to manually managing your media, you can simply drag and drop them onto the device via iTunes.

OP
F

framos917

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks willerz2, I appreciate the prompt reply. I went thru the iTunes sync, moved movies over and hit done. After disconnecting ipad from windows computer with iTunes, the 2 movies appear on the ipad when I enter the Videos app. They also play great when I am attached to inet via wireless. However, when I turn wireless off, the 2 movies disappear and I get the message "No Content". It could be just user error on my part, however, I have spent quite a bit of time with iTunes and thought I was following instructions.

Most reactions

Latest posts