What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer contacts (phone numbers and email address) from Android phone?

Kevinaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, ipad2 is my first apple product and wonder how to transfer contacts (phone numbers and email address) from Android phone?

Also setting up yahoo email account in ipad2, how do you create or combine the contact so you can input in Contacts?

thanks,
apple newbie

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do it with a gmail account. If you don't have one..create one. That will allow you to pull up your contacts and calendar on your android phone, pc or iPad.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
T&C said:
Thank you simple and sweet!

Glad I was able to point you to right place. I tell you, I get the emails in the iPad before they even get to my droid. Works great to me!

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I check to see if my gmail account was setup this way? I have gmail on my iPad but I'm unsure if it was setup using the exchange server. My emails get to my android phone before hitting my iPad.

Last edited:

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
KarlaMonique said:
How do I check to see if my gmail account was setup this way? I have gmail on my iPad but I'm unsure if it was setup using the exchange server. My emails get to my android phone before hitting my iPad.

Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Exchages if you see a setup/account in there it will have your gmail account then you have exchange setup.

Last edited:

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stick2e said:
Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Exchages if you see a setup/account in there it will have your gmail account then you have exchange setup.

Ok. I see it. Thanks!

bobmez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In response, I too was wondering how to transfer contacts etc. I have a gmail account on my pc. Is that sufficient or do I creat a new gmail account on my ipad? Confused how to do this..thnx. BG

Most reactions

Latest posts