What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer bookmarks

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting a 7th gen iPad and want to send my bookmarks from my iPad 4 to it. From what I have read on the web the old iPad needs IOS or later and my 4 only went up to 10.3.3 is there a way I can do the transfer?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use Safari, or a different browser on your iPad?

Safari bookmarks are synced by iCloud, as soon as you enable it in iCloud on both your devices.

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use safari and dolphin mostly dolphin

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you set up your new iPad using a backup from the iPad 4 it should restore the data (including bookmarks) to the new iPad. In general, newer versions of iOS can be restored from older backups. As long as you do not erase/restore the iPad 4, you can try this without risk; since you can always restore the new iPad to factory if it does not work.

It is also possible that Dolphin has settings to sync or export it’s bookmarks. Dig into them and see what you can find.

Since the iPad 4 is that far behind, expect the new iPad to do a lot of app updates after the restore. Also, not every app on it may work with the new iPad, so be careful to save important documents of files by means other than the backup, just in case.

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks I will give it a try when it arrives

Most reactions

Latest posts