What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tough case

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
who here uses a tough case such as a Griffin Survivor or Otter Box or similar
also any generic case like them...brand doesn't matter
just as long as it is a heavy duty style case
and include pics...we love pics

I ordered one and it will be here Friday the 14th :)

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Otter Box on mini. Wouldn't be without it!

image-3489804622.jpg

image-4241689356.jpg

OP
Contra

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Here is mine...it is a generic case and so far I like it, it feels good and looks good
The stand may not last long but for $9.99 can't really ask for the whole world
eventually I will get a more expensive case, but not till payday...lol

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

Attachments

• image-1239094365.jpg
    image-1239094365.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 375
  • image-2790302080.jpg
    image-2790302080.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That looks like it will work just fine Contra. IJamesH likes the Otterbox. I'm an iron worker and take my mini to work in my lunchbox. It caught on fire with my ipad inside. I could see it burning but couldn't get to it. Really smoked that lunchbox. Fortunately one of the other guys got to it in time. They still think it's funny. Have a good day my friends

image-3638678167.jpg

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not that special, but only a thick jelly case will save my iPad from anything. Just make sure it won't get hot, or it WILL get hotter.

I don't use any stand, it sticks to my skin very well. Its like glue.

Mr Happymoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks great...I may buy that one...too...I like it alot

If you do and you want to get your Ipad out of it again here's a little tip. Once the case is on properly it's really difficult to push the retaing tabs back in again so what I found was that you can much more easily (But carefully) lever the part of the case that the retaining clips clip into back over the retaining clips.

That will all make way more sense if you do get one!! :)

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 for Airbender. I have been using it for a week now and I love it. It is a tough case with BT Keyboard. Be aware, it will treble the thickness of the Ipad mini and double, maybe treble the weight as well. So make sure your bag will have room for the new Ipad mini tank :). I needed it cause I put the ipad mini in myu camera bag which is thrown and bumps all over the place and this will protect it nicely.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a Survivor case, and like it a lot. I haven't dropped my Mini yet, and hope not to, but the case gives me some confidence in case I get butterfingered. I was concerned about the screen cover-- that it would interfere with sensitivity. I shouldn't have worried as it does not. It gets dirty, but is easy to clean. When OFF it may look absolutely filthy, but when ON the dirt seems to disappear. The case adds a bit of bulk to the Mini, but considering its advantages I can live with it.

OP
Contra

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Well I had a generic case...much like the Otter Box, but without the plastic cover and it had no integrated screen protector...it was pretty good ($9.99) but I bought the Outter Box at BB, they have them on clearance for $39 and I love it

Most reactions

Latest posts