What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Apple newbie

TheMitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, ok - don't groan. I have a 2nd gen iPod, that's it. After about 30 yrs on PCs and only passing tinkerings on Macs, I ordered the 16G w/3G. Waiting and, after reading around here, waiting impatiently to get it. I'm hoping this will fill the gap for me between and iPhone and a netbook (neither of which I have). Need suggestions on organization apps, specifically multiple calendars? I work for a law firm and have to track 4 attorneys. I can do that from my laptop and desktop but my Blackberry only shows me my stuff. I'm assuming I can get into the firm's intranet via the portal on my iPad to see what's up. Am then hopeful I could then organize further on the iPad. Ideas?​

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also use Google Calendar and sync your iPad with it , i can’t help you with outlook as i left WindOZ world for Apple World ….

I am sure you can find a good soluce for that problem

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
There are tons of calendar apps and such. If your office uses Microsoft Exchange serve you can sync automatically your contacts, email and calendars with the included software on the iPad.....

I tried a Mac about 5 years ago, but really like windows better. But I do have an iPhone, which really helps in using the iPad.

Last edited:

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome & good luck on integrating your iPad into the office of 4 attorneys. If you can get 4 attorneys to agree on anything...there's hope for all of humanity!:D

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mitz, you should be able to connect to your law firm system. My company uses a Windows server, I downloaded WinAdmin for 9.99 and I am able to connect to my office system. All of our employees use Google calendar, I can view anyone's calendar and make meetings for anyone. Most of us used our company email to set up the google calendar, we did not sign up for gmail. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

OP
T

TheMitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL. Sorry - I can offer no hope. The office(s) actually have about 300 attorneys but I am only responsible (in a manner of speaking) for 4. Yes, we use Outlook and you can't imagine how slow my office computer runs while it loads and shifts between 5 (my 1, their 4) Outlook calendars, contacts and emails (ALL emails). Or maybe you can imagine...

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, ok - don't groan. I have a 2nd gen iPod, that's it. After about 30 yrs on PCs and only passing tinkerings on Macs, I ordered the 16G w/3G. Waiting and, after reading around here, waiting impatiently to get it. I'm hoping this will fill the gap for me between and iPhone and a netbook (neither of which I have). Need suggestions on organization apps, specifically multiple calendars? I work for a law firm and have to track 4 attorneys. I can do that from my laptop and desktop but my Blackberry only shows me my stuff. I'm assuming I can get into the firm's intranet via the portal on my iPad to see what's up. Am then hopeful I could then organize further on the iPad. Ideas?​

You should have bought a 64GB 3G

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome & good luck on integrating your iPad into the office of 4 attorneys. If you can get 4 attorneys to agree on anything...there's hope for all of humanity!:D

I like the Atari logo in your signature !

I wish more people would go to USER CP and change both the Avatar and the Signature for iPadForums.net

Do a Google search for '100x100 avatar' and see what you can find among the millions available. If you don't want to do that there are several choices right here on iPadForums.net among stock avatars.

Animated gifs do not work.

I change mine every few days just for the 4phun of it.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheMitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only work for 4 attys, 4Phun, so don't make enough bucks for 3G and 64GB. I thought about it, but... Maybe if I worked for all 300...?

Most reactions

Latest posts