What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of iPad lagging and freezing on 5.0.1. Is there a reliable backward path?

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't wait to get the split keyboard option, and upgraded to 5.0.1 as soon as it came out. Since then, my iPad has been a dog. Everything runs slower, the keyboard is less responsive, when running a search, it can take several seconds before anything actually types on the screen, and apps seem to quit much more randomly. I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind.

I also hate that, unlike Android (sorry for the comparison) background apps in 5.0.1 don't EVER quit (I once had to kill around 30 apps), so you have to go through and kill them. I seem to remember 4.3.3, 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 having some kind of built in, timed, app killer.

I know that Apple doesn't have a path for downgrading but there are jailbreaking solutions that do.

What are the best, most reliable ones (that produce the least amount of side effects such as freezing, lagging and apps quitting)?

• Should I be paying for a solution or should it be free?
  • Is there a hack for 4.3.X that lets me keep the split keyboard option?
  • Is there a safe overclocking solution?
  • Anything I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way to downgrade your iOS (off of iOS 5.0.1) unless you have saved SHSH blobs for the iOS to which you wish to downgrade. None.

Holler back if you have those SHSH blobs and we can help guide you in a downgrade. But, again, no blobs = no downgrade. Sorry.

Marilyn

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a Google search on downgrading without SHSH blobs. I have successfully downgraded an iPod Touch (2G) as well as my Ipad (1G) without saved blobs. It takes a little bit of work and finding the right files can be a royal pain but it can be done and works just fine. Full disclosure however, I have NOT downgraded from any iOS 5.x version so things might have changed.

Most reactions

Latest posts