What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GROMMIE said:
Instead of pushing the home button twice which I assume will lead to a mechanical failure, you can just stroke the screen with four fingers together...same effect!Push up tp reveal and then Dow n to return

You can also swipe left and right to flick through apps.

A trick I found:
If you hold your finger on the 'add a tab' button UN safari it brings up your most recently closed tabs.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
toemaytoe said:
If you go to settings-keyboard-shortcuts you can create a shortcut for often used phrases and more. I created a shortcut to take the place of a standard clause I use in preparing contracts so now three letters takes the place of a couple of minutes of typing. I have also used it to create shortcuts for the trademark and copywrite symbols. This was one of the few features that I missed when I migrated from blackberry to the iPhone!

Haha i used the phrase "lol" to automatically change to "by the way, im a lesbian" on my girlfriends phone

:)

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haha i used the phrase "lol" to automatically change to "by the way, im a lesbian" on my girlfriends phone

:)

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs[/QUOT

I assume you don't have a girlfriend anymore.

Pfrederi1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong? It immediately takes me back to the home screen and multitask bar. I have wifi only ipad2.

Thanks

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always learning .
Just realized you can swipe down from the top while in any app to check on emails.
Fantastic

kyle97futter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can split the keybord by holding in a button on the bottom right it will come up with 2 options undock os split keybord click on split keybord and the keybord will split

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danielle1485 said:
Triple tap the home button turns everything black/negative.

Only if you have it enabled

Settings-General-Accessibility-scroll right to bottom

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reading the general threads reminds me that we should occasionally check out ALL settings. It's easy to forget that you have a little used setting on and an accidental touch will activate it. And the sound or screen lock settings often get confused.

smily10990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,I tried pressing the home key twice,then I took a video and there is still no voice recorded but there is a noise sound in
The background.
But I can hear my music and music video that I down loaded from my iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts