What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time since last full charge -- a feature or a bug?

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The first time I noticed that "Time since last full charge" became empty, I thought it was because the device froze at some point and I had to perform the two-button reboot. Then it happened again, and I read somewhere that those data vanish when you connect the iPad to a USB port. Is this a feature or a bug? Is there any way around it (or a tool to complement it, like some battery stats app or something)?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since I know you are jailbroken, what you probably aren't aware of is that it is that a respring will wipe that counter more often than not. Jailbreakers tend to respring more often that they think, and that is what will be doing it. You now need to go on a mission to not respring after your next full charge and watch how the timer magically stays operational ;)

There is no bug AFAIK, related to the timer in general.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, the respring happens after every second Cydia tweak update. :eek: And no, I had no idea that would wipe the counter. (Actually, I thought that respring, as opposed to reboot, was akin to restarting X server in Linux. And assumed that the USB connection would, as a feature, wipe the counter because the battery is also being charged while on USB, making the eventual data incorrect. :) )

Is there any app similar to BatteryGraph on Maemo, which takes battery, cpu, etc. stats and displays it in a neat timeline graph (the data being saved into a database and thus immune to resprings and other restarts)?

Most reactions

Latest posts