What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Lapse limit?

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a limit on the length of Time Lapse videos with the camera app?

One article I read said that there was no limit besides the device's storage/battery; can anyone confirm this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a limit on the length of Time Lapse videos with the camera app?

One article I read said that there was no limit besides the device's storage/battery; can anyone confirm this?
From what I've heard, you can record for up to 30 hours.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I've heard, you can record for up to 30 hours.

Well this is what Apple says on their site:

Time-lapse video
Now you can create incredible time-lapse videos. iOS 8 does all the work, snapping photos at dynamically selected intervals. Just set up your iPhone to shoot what you want. Swipe to select Time-lapse mode, tap the Record button, and let Camera record as long as you choose. You’ll have an amazing movie, whether you record for 30 minutes or 30 hours.
-- http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/cameras/

So one can hope it's at least 30 hours. Might be more. Probably is. "30 minutes to 30 hours" is just a bit too round and nice sounding to be real, tested, numbers. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts