What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Officially Unveils the iPad Air 2; Their Thinnest Tablet Yet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-air-2-prices.png

Apple just unveiled the new generation iPad Air 2, which is their thinnest tablet ever, with a thickness of just 6.1mm... about three quarters the thickness of a pencil!

Here are more of the details.:

• 6.1 millimeters thin, or 18% thinner than the original iPad Air
  • Apple A8X and M8 Coprocessor - 64-bit architecture and 3 billion transistors
  • 8-megapixel module that can film 1080p video and includes slow motion and time lapse videos
  • Camera also includes burst mode, panorama shots, and auto HDR
  • Now supports the fingerprint scanning system Touch ID and Apple Pay
  • 10-hour battery life
  • iOS 8.1 from the factory
  • Will include champagne gold color option just like the iPhone 5S
  • 16GB, 64GB & 128GB Storage Options
The iPad Air 2 will range in price from $499 (16GB), $599 (64GB) and $699 (128GB) depending on the amount of storage inside. If you want LTE included, simply add another $130 to each one of these prices. Pre-orders will begin tomorrow (October 17th) and will begin to ship by the end of next week.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like how the price has been dropped, it should boost sales for the holiday season.

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm desperate to just get my hands on one to see how thin it is. Its crazy, everything is starting to go paper-less, and the iPad just starts getting more paper-like!

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smart that they added the touch ID, if for nothing else other than Apple Pay, its a great addition

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm desperate to just get my hands on one to see how thin it is. Its crazy, everything is starting to go paper-less, and the iPad just starts getting more paper-like!
In a couple of more years you'll be able to roll up your iPad and put it in your pocket.;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My dear friends, please, please, please; unless you're buying for a specific use that 'you know' requires very little storage, don't' get the 16 GB version.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My dear friends, please, please, please; unless you're buying for a specific use that 'you know' requires very little storage, don't' get the 16 GB version.
Why?

Also, I want to see if apple learned anything from bendgate, at least take necessary precautions
about the whole bending idea, I am not sure if this applies to the new iPads.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Why?

Also, I want to see if apple learned anything from bendgate, at least take necessary precautions
about the whole bending idea, I am not sure if this applies to the new iPads.

Because with todays apps and data 16 GB fills up very fast. Consider how many people here had trouble updating their 16 GB iPads over the air, because they did'n't have enough space.

This problem is not going to get better. While you might consider the 16 GB enough (barely) right now, you're probably going to find it extremely cramped in another year. And at this point you should be considering your iPad at least a 2 year investment, unless you have some reason to update yearly.

Bend gate? Stupidest yearly Apple gate yet.

As for the iPad, it's design would have been finalized long before bend gate. The only lesson Apple could have possible learned is how roll their eyes more expressively.

Most reactions

Latest posts