What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Cook Wants Apple Watch to Change People's Lives

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
tim-cook-with-apple-watch.jpg

Apple's CEO, Tim Cook recently spoke at the annual Goldman Sach's Technology and Internet Conference. He spoke at length regarding the new Apple Watch. He wanted to make it clear that the iOS wearable device will be a big focus for Apple this year, and just how dedicated they are to the project.

Cook also wanted to make it clear just how much he believes in the Apple Watch. He has high hopes for the device and even commented that he intends for the Apple Watch to change people's lives. Here's a quote with what Tim Cook had to say about the Apple Watch,

Good question. If we look back at MP3, we weren't the first there. There were lots of other players out there, but they had poor user interfaces and the devices weren't memorable. Didn't really move the dial. Similar story with tablets before the iPad. So I see the smart watch category very much like that. There are several things called smart watches that are shipping. But none have changed the way people live their lives. Just like iPad has changed the way you work and hopefully the way you live, and iPhone has done that, we hope Apple Watch will do the same. One of the biggest surprises for Apple Watch will be the breadth of what it will do.

Variety and customizability are amazing. There are ways to interact you never thought of. I use Siri all the time. Most men carry phones in their front pocket, so you can imagine how distracting it is in a meeting to fish out your phone when you need it. But with the watch it's much more subtle. Super excited about third-party apps. Just like with App Store, everybody will have their own special apps. I use Apple Watch constantly in the gym to track my exercise. If I sit for too long, it will actually tap me on the wrist to remind me to get up and remove. Because a lot of doctors think sitting is the new cancer. So ten minutes before the hour, it will remind you to move. We have a lot of people using the Apple Watch at Apple, and ten minutes before the hour, suddenly they all get up and move. It took a little to get used to, but it's great.

While these are obviously bold words and Cook is obviously setting a high bar for the Apple Watch, if anyone can make it happen, it's Apple. What do you guys think of the Apple Watch?

Source: MacRumors

Most reactions