What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts of upgrading to Air 2 128GB from 4th Gen 128GB

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I've made a search but have not found many comments. For over a good year now I use a 4th Gen as an electronics repair tech with all the service manuals and tech data I need at my finger tips. I constantly find the unit is HEAVY lump after a few hours and should I put it down someplace its mass can too easily push something off my crowded workbench!

My thought is to move to an Air 2 which is sure lighter but I'd love to hear about increase screen display updates say during .pdf manipulation of pinch/zoom etc thanks to the A8x CPU... Has anyone upgraded from the big screen 4th Gen to the smaller 9.7" screen and was it a big deal with a smaller screen?

I am of course aware of the "Larger Screen" iPad (on hold I hear) which would be absolutely brilliant for viewing wiring diagrams. However I think of same issue of typical busy repair bench and finding a safe space to park it for a minute as I do a test etc without having the same problems I currently have with the 4th Gen.... That's the biggest thing I like with the Air 2, it's low mass and compactness...

Any input appreciated folks.... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts