What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This ebook thing is expensive!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why such an amazing product (iPad) can fail to deliver on books...
Amazon is and always has been in the business of selling books (and other stuff) where Apple's main focus is consumer electronics. As smart and successful as Apple is in terms of the hardware side of things, the book selling thing really appears to be an area where they just don't get it. I mean they even changed the way (almost) everyone buys music, but they are really paddling upstream in terms of electronic publications.... IMHO!

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides the Nook app, does any other have a good selection of magazines? I seem to be picking and choosing from various apps. So far, I get my mags from Nook and my books from Kindle and nothing yet from ibooks. I'm feeling a little bad about that.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that in the Long run, the Book publication (paper) will die.
Same as the record market for songs.
The MP3 killed the Record companies.
The ePUB will eventually kill the Printed book industry.

No, it won't - not for a long while yet. The size of market share (hardcopy vs digital) may change from one to the other, but books and music won't ever completely die out. If you think that way, then you don't understand the buying mentality of these "old school" customers.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that in the Long run, the Book publication (paper) will die.
Same as the record market for songs.
The MP3 killed the Record companies.
The ePUB will eventually kill the Printed book industry.

No, it won't - not for a long while yet. The size of market share (hardcopy vs digital) may change from one to the other, but books and music won't ever completely die out. If you think that way, then you don't understand the buying mentality of these "old school" customers.

Did you noticed lately that "Borders Group" went bankrupt ?
Did you count the amount of record stores left in your town ?
How about Video stores ?

Ye I know. We are to be blamed, but that's life.
No wander they don't like investing in films like they used to. A day after it goes public (some time before) you have the AVI or MP4 all over the net.

Most reactions

Latest posts