What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinnest iPad 2 keyboard case Available For Order

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-thinnest-case.jpg

Ever found yourself madly loving your new iPad 2 but missing the comfort of having a real live keyboard at your disposal and at the same time not wanting a big, heavy thing to carry around? Well long for such an object no more, because Hatch&Co introduces the SKINNY, a wonderful thin and light solution that not only protects the iPad 2 but also adds an external slim wireless keyboard. The keys are a mix between a real keyboard and a virtual iPad display and is only 0,07 inches thin.

The case’s physical keyboard connects to the iPad using Bluetooth and has it fitted with a special raised surface over the keys adding textures and making it spill-proof, dust-proof and durable. A nice feature of SKINNY’s involves the magnets in the case that activate the iPad 2’s automatic locking feature. The raised surface of the keyboard provides a more responsive feedback solution if you need to write out larger text documents on the iPad, and can last until 68 hours of continuous use. When the battery runs out the keyboard can be charged via a USB connection to full power in just 2 hours. SKINNY comes in two colors: black and white, each with a stylish gradation-colored keyboard. The case has pre-cut holes for cameras, and you can use the two cameras without taking off the case. The case offers 2 different viewing angels, one for typing and another for using a tablet. Another excellent feature is that the iPad and the keyboard electronics will go to sleep mode when the case is close, therefore preserving power.

Source: theipadguide

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi epb

When you get it, it would be great to get a review. For me living in the EU, I would like to know if accented characters e.g é û ç for example can be input. Also if there is a DEL and a Backspace key.

Thanks

Globalpad

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is what appears to be the same item for sale on Ebay for $39.95 + free shipping. I just ordered one. For $40 bucks, even if it is crap I can have some fun with it and maybe type a little better. I use a Stylus because I just hate a creasy glass.

If this will set up nice on my lap while watching TV in bed, this could be sweet. Will let you all know.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would you beleive greasy...... not creasy. See what I mean about the stylus? Could be operator error, but I doubt it.

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi epb

Thanks for the effort and the very good 1st impressions review.

Cheers

Globalpad

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got my thin keyboard ordered off of Ebay. That was pretty fast shipping. The packaging was outstanding. The keyboard came in its own original box. The instuctions are on the box, nothing else inside the box except the unit.

My iPad2 clipped into the cover with a little effort. The clips are very strong, which is a good thing. The cover and keyboard are a little cheezy, but for $40.00 I'm not kicking. From the picture at the beginning of this thread I didn't realize that the keys are raised enough to actually feel them, therefore, allowing for touch typing without much problem.

I hooked up the USB charging for a couple of hours, I do this with any new electronic. Now to see how long the charge lasts. Instructions did not mention anything about initial charge or charging. Just how long to expect from standby and from usage.

Some of the auto functions of the iPad typing do not work. For example you do have to hold the capital or shift key to caitalize the first letter of each new stenence. I didn't type long enough to see if the auto spelling worked or not. Will test that out tonight.

All in all about what I expected for $40.00. I beleive I will like it, as long as the auto spelling works. I am a terrible speller and liked iPad showing me mistkaes and offering suggestions while typing.

Most reactions

Latest posts