What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things I want in a case

Emily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea laurenriya !! haha, i think i would always activate the sensor !:D

Emily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elsa , is it a bag specially for iPad ? it seems not specific for iPad :confused:

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions ? :)

Are you looking for a folio case as well? If not, then how about the SwitchEasy Nude.

b.jpg

SwitchEasy NUDE

swisspolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TUAW had an article about some colourful felt cases that may do what you're after. Can't remember what they were called but looked ok

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robot Rock, the case you mention is hard case ? or is it plastic ?

It's a hard plastic with a grippy feel to it, and only 1mm thick but very strong.

I think the technical name is Strong GE Lexan® polycarbonate

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The nude case is very appealing it's reminds me of the sweet cases from ULTRA CASE for the iPhone sleek and slim! I am pretty happy with the functionality of the apple iPad case it should be called typing made easy!
I also use a carrying bag made for 10.2 inch net books. And with the iPad being so thin i can fit just about every mobile gadget i have in there with it, iPhone, nexus one, psp and there chargers all pretty snug.

AnnA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHAT I NEED IN A CASE....anyone know where I can find it?

I am a real estate appraiser and there is an ap for iPad that allows me to do sketching (of houses) and data gathering directly onto iPad and then sync it to my appraisal program on my computer. It’s a great ap and was built by the software provider for iPad; It will eventually save me an hour a file and it is why I purchased the iPad. The problem is carrying the iPad as I work. It’s clumsy to hold it while measuring (no, not a metal tape, a nifty laser unit that looks like a big old cell phone) with my right hand. My fear is dropping the iPad. Until now I have carried a 9 x 14 metal clip board and due to potholes in the ground, uneven terrain, dogs chasing me (oh, yeah, and general clumsiness) I have dropped the clip board in the past while measuring. That’s not a big problem. Dropping my iPad would be.

SO HERE IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:

A rubberized and/or leather case that the iPad would slip into ….maybe with a “handle†right smack dab in the center (back) of the iPad for placing your hand to hold the iPad….PLUS….a strap or “chain†(much like one for a camera) that goes around your neck and is attached to the case. Or maybe just grommets on the case that one could put a chain on to. Not that one would have it dangling from one’s neck all the time….but in a tough spot where you had to use both hands, the iPad would not hit the ground if you stumbled or dropped it. The strap would be removable should you not be out in the field.

Do you know of anything like this?

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts