What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They are using Ipads in TV Series FRINGE

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the last episode (3x13) of FRINGE you can see 2-3 Ipads used by the Fringe devision crew and by the scientist. Both with a strange futuristic designer case...

Fringe.S03E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv_snapshot_16.23_[2011.02.14_21.59.41].jpg

Fringe.S03E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv_snapshot_17.23_[2011.02.14_22.01.19].jpg

You can see the mute and volume adjust buttons on the 2nd picture.

Last edited:

udk6dunn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing the links. I am a huge fan of Fringe tv show.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You gotta know that Apple is paying BIG $$$ for these product placements.

I've seen the iPad on CSI and on Body of Proof as well.

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
You gotta know that Apple is paying BIG $$$ for these product placements.

I've seen the iPad on CSI and on Body of Proof as well.

Maybe, maybe not. There is a certain cool factor right now with the iPad. They may use it in the story to convey something about the charters.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark my words, Apple is paying for the spots. Apple has always been big on product placement in Movies and TV, which is why you see so many people using Macs on TV shows.

What is odd is the Microsoft placements on Bones. They've had Windows Phone placements and Bing placements. Hadn't noticed Microsoft doing much of it before this.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alot of shows are now useing ipad from NCIS to CSI and bunch of shows

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh but wait...there will be a remake of "The Andy Griffith Show" and an episode will feature Barney Fife conspicuously using the backside of a shiny new Xoom as a clipboard to write his traffic stop tickets.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
snoitan said:
What is odd is the Microsoft placements on Bones. They've had Windows Phone placements and Bing placements. Hadn't noticed Microsoft doing much of it before this.

And yet never ONCE a single TV ad or mention of the Zune and subsequent Zune HD as well as the Zune Marketplace/Pass (I have a 64GB Zune HD, an EXCELLENT product) all this time (let alone any international release). Way to represent, Microsoft. For someone who comes from a marketing background, Steve Ballmer apparently couldn't convince a hobo to TAKE gold from him.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As another poster mentioned, Apple has been extremely active for many years in getting their products into TV shows and movies. Traditionally, they've claimed that they don't "pay" for such placement and won't discuss how it happens. But they were among the first tech companies to hire an outside firm to handle such placements. One can reasonably assume that if Apple isn't paying for such placements directly, they are funding payments from a third party. As Tivo-like devices have reduced advertisers' ability to force consumers to put up with commercials, product placement has become a very large channel of spending. In fact an episode of 30 Rock a couple of years ago dealt with the issue in an especially humorous way.

Most reactions

Latest posts