What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The VLC Media Player App (the one not available) just downloaded itself into my iTune

Reaction score
I need help here, the weirdest thing happened: I turned on my iTunes yesterday and suddently it said it was downloading VLC Media Player application and a few seconds later it appeared on my Apps list. It is the actual VLC Media Player app that was pulled by Apple and is not available on the App store anymore, it has the same app image and all. This is really really weird, I clicked on the app for more info and it says it was downloaded on 1/1/11, but it wasn't, it just downloaded itself yesterday without me prompting it to do so. I've searched and searched in the Appstore and it is not available at all so I don't know how it got downloaded.

The other weird thing is, since itunes downloaded it onto my App Library I thought I might aswell try it, so I installed it on my iPhone and it said the app could not be installed because it was not compatible with my iPhone.

What's going on here? Has this happened to anyone else? And if I actually do have the app why won't it install it on my iPhone? I'm going to try installing it on my iPad once I buy it next week but I doubt that will work also...

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, I have an iPhone 3G, I'll try installing it on my iPad once I get it next week then. This is really weird, the app just appeared in my iTunes Library :s

petemeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Charlotte,

I have an iPad. The same thing happened to me. i downloaded VLC Streamer Free for iPad and VLC Remco for iPhone (no iPad version available), and then the VLC Media Player just appeared on my list of apps in iTunes. So I don't know which one of these apps bundled the VLC Media Player with it. Reading your post makes me think it might be the VLC Remco for iPhone since you don't have the iPad (yet?).

Did you install the VLC Remco too?

I need help here, the weirdest thing happened: I turned on my iTunes yesterday and suddently it said it was downloading VLC Media Player application and a few seconds later it appeared on my Apps list. It is the actual VLC Media Player app that was pulled by Apple and is not available on the App store anymore, it has the same app image and all. This is really really weird, I clicked on the app for more info and it says it was downloaded on 1/1/11, but it wasn't, it just downloaded itself yesterday without me prompting it to do so. I've searched and searched in the Appstore and it is not available at all so I don't know how it got downloaded.

The other weird thing is, since itunes downloaded it onto my App Library I thought I might aswell try it, so I installed it on my iPhone and it said the app could not be installed because it was not compatible with my iPhone.

What's going on here? Has this happened to anyone else? And if I actually do have the app why won't it install it on my iPhone? I'm going to try installing it on my iPad once I buy it next week but I doubt that will work also...

petemeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thing. The VLC Media Player is working perfectly on my iPad. It plays all the avi and divx files I downloaded without converting them first to another format.

Most reactions

Latest posts