What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shape of things to Come After the iPad

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
A friend sent this to me and it put a smile on my face. :)

futureapple.jpg

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a friend of mine and I were discussing the next steps last night partly based on your post.

it was a exciting to think of where the technology will go in the next few years, and better still in our lifetimes.

The point that really emerged after a few scotches and too many cigars, (we smoke in the garage/shop and needed to open the doors due to the possibility of asphyxiation from cigar smoke and lies), is that while the IPad may not be the game changer in terms of sales or a singular product revolution, what Apple is doing is spurring other growth in terms of possibilities. Other products, competition, the wants of people for more functionality and apps, the list goes on.

Apple is planting seeds for innovation on a level that other companies just can't grasp. And they are doing it with simple devices that do relatively simple things, yet are so compelling that when people get their hands on them, they become a personal extension of themselves and how the are seen by their peers and beyond.

I did not intend to write a book on this, thats your area, but I did want to say your simple post spurred a great hour plus conversation.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with Ghuda, the iPad 1.0 is only the seed. Anyone who can pick up an iPad use it for an hour and not say that the technology is a game changer is hard for me to understand.

My vision is of a MacBook Air type device with a detachable iPad as the screen and access to the hard drive and connections via Bluetooth in the keyboard section.

OS 11 will be a merge of iPhone and OS 10.

Going on a business trip the whole thing goes along, going on a weekend getaway the iPad only goes along.

OP
S

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
Ghuda,

I'm glad I gave you a reason to smoke and drink.

:)

a friend of mine and I were discussing the next steps last night partly based on your post.

it was a exciting to think of where the technology will go in the next few years, and better still in our lifetimes.

The point that really emerged after a few scotches and too many cigars, (we smoke in the garage/shop and needed to open the doors due to the possibility of asphyxiation from cigar smoke and lies), is that while the IPad may not be the game changer in terms of sales or a singular product revolution, what Apple is doing is spurring other growth in terms of possibilities. Other products, competition, the wants of people for more functionality and apps, the list goes on.

Apple is planting seeds for innovation on a level that other companies just can't grasp. And they are doing it with simple devices that do relatively simple things, yet are so compelling that when people get their hands on them, they become a personal extension of themselves and how the are seen by their peers and beyond.

I did not intend to write a book on this, thats your area, but I did want to say your simple post spurred a great hour plus conversation.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a trend coming of people connecting for real. There's a high probability of seeing life support pods with the person inside caught on a web. And not only virtually. There's only a step from there to be owned and controlled. Borg like virtuality.

Hey! We're thousands with a dependance on forums!!!LOL!!!

Most reactions