What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For an iPad3 case solution, I can also recommend the combination of a tan Switcheasy Coverbuddy with the green poly Smart Cover. The colors look fine together (I think pink would have done as well) and the combination offers full body and edge protection with thinness and lightness. The clincher for me was Switcheasy's inclusion of port covers for the 30-pin and audio ports. The Coverbuddy features a leather-like non-slide surface and is easy to hold. A+++

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fired up a Slingbox Solo and downloaded the app to my Ipad3. It really works like a charm. Setup isn't a slamdunk, but I had a techie friend helping. Now I can tune my 'pad into my home cable box/DVR wherever I can get wifi or 3/4G, whether at the breakfast table or across the USA. I highly recommend this unit as a practical iPad accessory.

?? Are you talking about some accessory or some kind of technical setup that you use for Slingbox?

varun.dhir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any camera connection 6 in 1 kits with HDMI, USB and SD cards working with new ipad. tons of them on ebay any tested to work with new ipad

JackPepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score

pcparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have "Tablet Claw" and it fits on my iPad 3 and my boy friends iPad 2. Its $39.99 and acts as a grip/kickstand. I love it!

toruathub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't see Hub Innovations' "REV360".

360 degree rotational case, customizable, recyclable, even 25% discount using promo code: "hubtt"

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoKo 360 Degree Rotating Case

I bought this case and another one from Amazon to try for my new iPad. After trying it out on a trip, I am keeping just this one. Although it isn't real leather, it is decent quality, relatively sturdy, and works very well. It's easy to change from landscape to portrait because the iPad snaps in and swivels, rather than having to pull it off from a Velcro attachment and reposition it, such as some other dual-angle cases. The iPad sits securely in the sleeve and the magnetic sleep/wake function works well; you just have to be sure that you hear the click when the corners line up. The stylus loop is convenient and a feature missing on most cases.

The three viewing angles are perfect for my needs, whether typing, reading, or watching movies. With stitched-on strips rather than grooves, my iPad stays at the desired angle. Another plus is the folio design. The case opens like a book and the iPad sleeve "folds" so the stand portion is inside the case, not formed by the case itself. Other folios flip around so that the part that sits on the surface is what covers the iPad screen and can get dust or dirt on it.

Why only four stars? I wish it had an elastic band or magnetic flap to close it more securely and that it came in more colors (like blue!). The purple is OK and different, just not my favorite.

That said, I've now been using it for almost three months and have not had any issues with it opening in a tote bag.

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rooCase Convertible Premium Leather (red) Case with 24 Angle Adjustable Stand

This is a nice case, but not right for me. I ordered this case, along with the MoKo 360 reviewed above, to try on my new iPad after using the InCase folio for my original iPad. On the plus side, I liked the quality and sturdiness of the case, as well as the magnetic strap that closed it. The multiple viewing angles were nice, although I didn't find them necessary. Both the InCase and the case I kept only have three, and they work just fine for me.

The negatives for me: I didn't like the way the folio was designed; the cover folds back so that the inside of the case is what sits on the desk or other surface. I was concerned about scratches from dirt and such sticking to the microfiber lining. Others don't seem to mind this, so it may not be an issue. My preference is the folio style that folds the other way so that the stand's grooves are on the inside of the cover and the outside of the folio sits on the desk. (My other case and the RooCase Dual-Angle are this style) Also, the "spine" of the folio doesn't go all the way to the corners, leaving more of the iPad exposed.

Also, while the case was red leather, the lining was deep pink, and I disliked the discrepancy of pink on red. ;)

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Seido Active and while I like the stand and cases look I seems too slick for me. I was thinking of either the Trident Case (Aegis or Kraken) or the Griffin Defender. ANyone have a good comparison or have used?

oleyellabuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My setup is pretty simple. I just stick with the tried and true. A genuine Apple Smart Cover for the front and a nice Caudabe Shell for the back. The Smart Cover I paid full price for. Not cheap, but I like the quality and it works really well. I know some friends who've bought cheap knockoffs on Amazon, but they're clearly inferior in quality.

The Caudabe Shell is just a simple hard shell, but it feels really nice (I got the frost clear one) and is a good deal for the money: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009RN10KK

cipriani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oleyellabuck said:
My setup is pretty simple. I just stick with the tried and true. A genuine Apple Smart Cover for the front and a nice Caudabe Shell for the back. The Smart Cover I paid full price for. Not cheap, but I like the quality and it works really well. I know some friends who've bought cheap knockoffs on Amazon, but they're clearly inferior in quality.

The Caudabe Shell is just a simple hard shell, but it feels really nice (I got the frost clear one) and is a good deal for the money: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009RN10KK

Does the Caudabe shell have a 'sticky rubbery' feeling?
I mean like those covers that have anti-slips?

Most reactions

Latest posts