What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

L

Lunar

Item noted, it'll be added :)

Let us know how it works out when you get it! I'll add it to the list once you can confirm the quality of the case

at least you got a micro fiber cloth and cleaning solution you can use on your TV and other things :D

Where are you that gas is $3.65. That's freaking cheap. I paid $4.55

Keep on coming with the accessories!

Can I just remind people, that it would be most unwise to use any cleaning fluids on the iPads oleophobic coated screen.

I know from experience that the coating is easily removed, even by some cleaners that state they are safe to use. I used a LCD cleaner supposedly safe for these coated screens but I suspect it actually removed the special oleophobic coating that was on my iPad1, as afterwards finger marks were definately harder to clean off. The coating on these screens will be microscopically thin.

The oleophobic coating seems to work very well indeed on the iPad3 certainly better than my earlier iPad1, I find a quick wipe with a soft lint free cloth and it's looking like new again, where our iPad1 seems to smear more when cleaning, which AIS may be down to using one of these spray cleaners in the past.

If it requires any fluid at all, then just use plain clean water on a dampened cloth, finishing off with a soft clean cloth, you should not need to use special cleaners, and IME best avoided.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you post a picture please

Well, I took a picture with my iPad. Now to get it attached, that's another problem...
Only let's me use from PC or URL and I'm using the Icon app

Maybe I'm missing something. On the other hand, why isn't there an option for iPad photos???

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edited some typos.

Added blurex, poetic, Snugg and STM.

Still no confirmation from blurex, poetic, speck, new Trent, Logitech when their new products will be out.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case from Incipio arrived today and I LOVE IT! I was not too happy with my Apple Smart Cover but it is great paired with the Incipio. Happy camper here--thanks to the info in this thread. ;)

MrsWozniak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been on the perfect case hunt forever. I have had iPad 1,2 and 3. I can never seem to find the perfect case. I ordered this a few days ago when it was posted here. It was $6.95 when I ordered it, however it's $9.95 now. either way I really love it!
It's my perfect case. It has magnet closures which is nice. Nice snug fit and lightweight.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiwi-Cases-La...8DVG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1332552315&sr=8-9

craigvi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to bring bad news regarding the Belkin Snap Shield cover. I've been using this case for the last 2 days on my iPad 3 and I thought it was magnificent! Just a moment ago while browsing the net on my iPad 3 I heard a "snap" sound. I inspected my device and I noticed one of the corners of the case had cracked. It may fit the new Ipad, but the larger size of iPad 3 places too much stress on this case causing it to crack eventually. Just thought I should share my experience with you before you drop $30 buck on this case.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
craigvi said:
I'm afraid I have to bring bad news regarding the Belkin Snap Shield cover. I've been using this case for the last 2 days on my iPad 3 and I thought it was magnificent! Just a moment ago while browsing the net on my iPad 3 I heard a "snap" sound. I inspected my device and I noticed one of the corners of the case had cracked. It may fit the new Ipad, but the larger size of iPad 3 places too much stress on this case causing it to crack eventually. Just thought I should share my experience with you before you drop $30 buck on this case.

I read the reviews on Best Buy website on this shield and almost all the reviews were saying this.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah my snap shield started forming cracks at the corner. The snap shield made for the 3, which is also the same design as the snap shield secure for the 2 just without the magnet; is perfectly fine. It's just the snap shield originally made for the 2 that is prone to these problems.

Thanks for another confirmation on it :)

I'll change it on the list

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far the one I have is holding. Had it since mid week. Had the ipad2/3 sticker on it.

JackalIK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My best accessory for iPad 3 is my Aponyo Stylus. It's fantastic for note taking and is so smooth and so great for lots of note taking.

I live in the UK so the only place to get a fabric tipped stylus (supplied in the UK) is at Accessor-i

Most reactions

Latest posts