What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it's been only a couple of days but one would think the aftermarket would start rolling out tweaked versions of the ipad2 for the 3rd gen iPads. I'm waiting for the speck cover - I want a cover that's compatible with my "new" ipad

tabraha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can report that the $4, yes $4 clear rear case from Amazon, I believe called the "Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim Fit Case for iPad2" fits both of my iPad3's without issue. Only issue I found was the edge was a little rough in one spot easily filed down with the wife's fingernail file.

Also, the $25 "Khomo Dual Green Case for the iPad2" fits although I really had to put some extra pressure to get the corners to snap on for the rear case. Fits very solid and snug now which is good IMO. This is a plastic back and also includes their version of the smart cover which is not as good as apple's smart cover IMO.

Also of note, neither of these work with the iPad dock. :(

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
souskei said:
Can someone please let me know if the (iPad 2) smartsound snap back from cygnett will fit the 3rd gen iPad?

I really like the idea of the sound scoop and would like to get this snap back!

Thank you!!

Just got a reply back from cygnett

Hi Branden,

All aspects of the SmartSound for the iPad 2 work the same on the new iPad, except for the headphone jack. Because of the extra thickness (.6mm) of the new iPad, it is now too snug to fit most audio jack cables.

If we do develop a Smartsound for the new iPad, I will keep you informed. If you’d like to be the first to know when our cases hit cygnett.com, you can simply reply to this email and write “In”.

Regards, Nick

Hope that helps. I'll update the info on the list when I can. Been busy all night. So I'll try to update some stuff before I go to bed and tomorrow morning.

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are people preordering the Belgian snap shield secure from?

I have the snap secure for the iPad 2 on my iPad 3 right now and it works perfectly, but would like one made for the 3

Thanks!

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a reply back from cygnett

Hi Branden,

All aspects of the SmartSound for the iPad 2 work the same on the new iPad, except for the headphone jack. Because of the extra thickness (.6mm) of the new iPad, it is now too snug to fit most audio jack cables.

If we do develop a Smartsound for the new iPad, I will keep you informed. If you’d like to be the first to know when our cases hit cygnett.com, you can simply reply to this email and write “Inâ€.

Regards, Nick

Hope that helps. I'll update the info on the list when I can. Been busy all night. So I'll try to update some stuff before I go to bed and tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the reply!

Buuuttt I actually went to frys and tried to fit one on my new iPad.. It was a no go, way to tight and the power/sleep button is pressed down constantly.

Also the volume buttons don't line up, so I'm gonna pass on this one

Thanks though exile!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
souskei said:
Where are people preordering the Belgian snap shield secure from?

I have the snap secure for the iPad 2 on my iPad 3 right now and it works perfectly, but would like one made for the 3

Thanks!

I'm guessing you mean belkin?

I'm doing mine at amazon

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
souskei said:
Thanks for the reply!

Buuuttt I actually went to frys and tried to fit one on my new iPad.. It was a no go, way to tight and the power/sleep button is pressed down constantly.

Also the volume buttons don't line up, so I'm gonna pass on this one

Thanks though exile!

Yup :)

Note taken, it'll be add to the list!

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Today I bought the Targus Z-Case Leather Portfolio for Apple iPad at TJ-MAXX in San Antonio, TX for $12.99
It has a:
Protectve hard-shell structure with leather exterior
Soft lining protects against scratches
Sleek and stylish design
Magnetic flap

It fits my iPad Verizon 4G with room to spare!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
Targus Z-Case Leather Portfolio for Apple iPad

Nice!

Question. So the case is made for the 1? Or doesn't specify? Or it is just named "for Apple Ipad" but made for the 2?... 3?....

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a custom graphic skin from GelaSkins. It should be here shortly. Want to see how these 3M based skins work out. I also got one of the Belkin back from Bestbuy. Seem ok so far.

I would love a black case that Apple created for the orginal iPad.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
Today I bought the Targus Z-Case Leather Portfolio for Apple iPad at TJ-MAXX in San Antonio, TX for $12.99
It has a:
Protectve hard-shell structure with leather exterior
Soft lining protects against scratches
Sleek and stylish design
Magnetic flap

It fits my iPad Verizon 4G with room to spare!

Can you post a picture please

VizagDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this Folio for my iPad 3 from Amazon for $24.95. It's yet to ship.. I'll let you guyz know once I have it on my device.

[h=1]INVELLOP GRAY Leatherette Smart Cover case for iPad 2/3[/h]
Folio Case.jpg

Before this, I got the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy hard case, but it did not fit my iPad 3.

Most reactions