What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update to my slightly off topic "I don't have my iPad yet" saga.

Mine just shipped three days earlier than expected (which is still seven days latter than it was supposed to). My first hint that it had happened? Verizon sent me an email explaining how my monthly bill was going to change. :)

A little later I got the shipping confirmation email.

So, I finally have a FedEX tracking number. (yay) I expect I'll be checking it compulsively for the next 48 hours.

Since it is also pay-day today I'll be ordering my Pen soon, though I probably won't see it until next year. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Too busy to take the time yesterday, and too preoccupied with playing wiht the toy until now, but I've got my iPad Pro, and am spending almost all my time exploring what it can do. Actually avoiding using my main computer, to see what the pain points would be if I were to find this my primary computer.

Also avoiding the iPad Air, which is proving more difficult than avoiding the 27" iMac. No doubt, for normal book reading the smaller iPad is better. However, the Pro is usuable, and I'm guessing that once I get used to it I won't mind so much. If I do I'll probably start looking for a good deal on an older Mini, just for reading books and casual games.

I can't see keeping both the iPad Air and the Pro.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on the fence for a couple of days. I loved my iPad mini, especially the one-handed use I could enjoy on the subway and elsewhere. But when I saw the iPad Pro in person, I just knew I had to get it. Yes, it's basically the same as any other previous iPad in theory, but the experience with this huge screen is amazing.

The games, looking at photos, web browsing, and working on work-related documents is a completely different experience with the Pro. You really need to experience it to know what I am talking about. I got the Apple Pencil, and it is a wonder in terms of annotating my documents.

Of course, there are drawbacks. It is very big, and you can't hold it for very long periods with one hand. And yes, it is quite expensive. But overall, I have no regrets. The device is beautiful and very, very powerful. Especially with the Pencil, it has completely negated the need to use any paper for notes, planning, etc.

Most of the reviews I have seen are pretty accurate. The screen is top notch, and the speed is absolutely phenomenal.

I do think it was a mistake in not making a place available to hold or secure the Pencil. I am paranoid about losing it. But all in all, I am very satisfied with the iPad Pro.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered this on kick starter months ago, and it came last week, it works great
1dbbb737648dcf814ff0ace13e6bc668_original.jpg

THE REMORA is a simple but elegantly designed solution for attaching your favorite stylus or pen to your iPad... it looks great and performs its intended function perfectly. I'm very impressed. Pros: Well made, secure hold, doubles as a grip. Cons: None. – Julie Strietelmeier, the-gadgeteer.com

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I ordered this on kick starter months ago, and it came last week, it works great
1dbbb737648dcf814ff0ace13e6bc668_original.jpg

THE REMORA is a simple but elegantly designed solution for attaching your favorite stylus or pen to your iPad... it looks great and performs its intended function perfectly. I'm very impressed. Pros: Well made, secure hold, doubles as a grip. Cons: None. – Julie Strietelmeier, the-gadgeteer.com

Looks like it's designed to hold a standard pen sized stylus on a standard iPad. I could be wrong, but I don't see any pictures with the Pencil in them, and it's considerably longer than most of the styluses shown.

How far does the Pencil stick out, and have you had any issues with differences between the iPad Pro's smart cover?

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like it's designed to hold a standard pen sized stylus on a standard iPad. I could be wrong, but I don't see any pictures with the Pencil in them, and it's considerably longer than most of the styluses shown.

How far does the Pencil stick out, and have you had any issues with differences between the iPad Pro's smart cover?

It does stick out about 2 inches. I use it with my Apple cover and silicone case, no problem and the stylus stays in just fine. It does not work with

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does stick out about 2 inches. I use it with my Apple cover and silicone case, no problem and the stylus stays in just fine. It does not work with

Thanks.

I'm keeping an eye on the options for when my pencil arrives; still a couple weeks out at the earliest.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Here is a shot with the pencil in the case
image.jpeg

bfer357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my iPad last week. just took it out of the box to examine it, but won't use it until Christmas. I ordered it through Costco. They are selling it about $50 cheaper on the 128 GB WiFi only model. My vision is getting bad so this 12 inch will definitely make the difference.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I received my iPad last week. just took it out of the box to examine it, but won't use it until Christmas. I ordered it through Costco. They are selling it about $50 cheaper on the 128 GB WiFi only model. My vision is getting bad so this 12 inch will definitely make the difference.

When setting it up you might want to go for the Zoomed mode instead of the Standard mode. Similar to Zoomed mode on the iPhone 6 Plus, this expands the iPad Air UI to fill the iPad Pro screen. Everything is bigger.

On the other hand, you lose a lot of the other nice UI enhancements that come with apps that have been optimied for the Pro. The biggest minus is the way the multitasking views are downgraded.

Anyway, give both a try and see what works best for you. You can switch Settings > Display. You even get a preview.

ElleW1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've been using our iPad Pro for a week now, and both my husband and I love it. The larger screen is a great bonus, and it's much faster than our old iPad mini, and my "ancient" MacBookPro. The screen is actually almost the same size as the one on the MacBook- and I'm used to keeping the MacBook on my lap, so the weight of the iPad Pro doesn't bother me at all. I am looking forward to working with the keyboard and pencil as soon as they can get here, can't wait!

craftEcowgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered 128gb LTE verizon Ipad Pro & pencil in store on 11th and received 14th! Love both! I also got a mini 4 that am using as phone :). Have had a iphone plus and haven't had an ipad since ipad 1, been many years. We are loving the Pro and the pencil works great! We got a Zoogue case and its best case for ipad pro and also have one for ipad mini. Planning on getting Zagg Slimbook keyboard case once released.

a3494a35643b51b53bbd3bb8462dd8ce.jpg

6fa3af7bc20f2d085f05675111c85bbc.jpg

cca3cc861e4f9f94be85fcdd92a2a980.jpg

23179a2031460f7a2b2bd93a7ac146fc.jpg

--------
Ipad mini 4 & Ipad Pro, pencil
Iggy named Roxy

Last edited:

Most reactions