What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you all - don't hesitate to look around and explore and post any questions that you may have. We have over 80,000 members who are just waiting to answer your questions.

Tim

sweetdream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am newbie for Apple device. ^^
I got my very first Apple device - IPad 2 White 64GB 3G+Wifi on 20th July.
At first, I planned to use it like my laptop (replace my laptop and use ipad2) to surf net.
Yet I am totally wrong, there is a lot of stuffs that i can't do. :(
But I still very happy with it. Because it is my present from my mum. I love you, mummy. :D

icanlevel99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweetdream said:
Hi, I am newbie for Apple device. ^^
I got my very first Apple device - IPad 2 White 64GB 3G+Wifi on 20th July.
At first, I planned to use it like my laptop (replace my laptop and use ipad2) to surf net.
Yet I am totally wrong, there is a lot of stuffs that i can't do. :(
But I still very happy with it. Because it is my present from my mum. I love you, mummy. :D
What cant you do with an ipad2 in terms on web surfing
im a medschool student & this ting made my life alot easier
I can browse and download thenlatest medical journal anywhere i want.... Edited by Moderator SP. You are not in a bar. Watch what you say. ~

Even medscape have their own app

Last edited by a moderator:

Abs007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bigseotechniques.com
Hi guys - just got my ipad2 32gb black no 3G

So why did I buy a iPad?

I work on the Internet as a living running a number of websites and businesses, the summer is here and we (family+me) decided to go camping for over a week - I could have taken my laptop which I did initially plan - leaving the camping trip booking so late meant that we were not able to get a electrical hookup point which was a bummer

So my searches began, I do alot of coding in .NET c# and VB however all I needed was something to read and reply to emails from,something that would allow me to sort my emails and reply to my own forum queries so on my return everything would be organised.

I've never used a apple before and was a little sceptical due to various reasons, no flash support being one of them

I decided to call apple directly, had a good 45 minute chat with them and my mind was made up, iPad2 it shall be

I went and got mine from telco, only place that had them in stock

Battery life

Never seen such a long lasting battery in my life

Touch screen

I'm not a fan of touch screen phones or devices, but the ipad2 has made me a believer, touch screen on this thing is super slick, wouldn't be the best to write long emails or updates - I tried and did get long emails and updates done- however it will not replace your main computer, which when you come to know your iPad you will see it wasn't really meant to do in the first place

Design

Awesome - gets the heads turning wherever you maybe, but the most important part is how it feels in the hand, I am able to hold my iPad with one hand and type with the other, but this becomes a little annoying and your hand will start to hurt, I purchased the magnetic cover for the iPad - was very surprised that apple didn't give any sort of protection with the iPad. The magnetic cover is good as it also folds into a stand making it much easier to type and stand.

3G or not?

On my lengthy talks with the guys at apple they made me aware that 3G will require a separate subscription based service from a mobile phone company. But he also went on to say how you are able to sync your iPhone with your iPad and use 3G from your iPad - I found this to be some great info so opted out from buying the 3G iPad - I'm actually a blackberry user myself and on. My next upgrade I will be going for a iPhone so I will also have 3G

Downsides

I can't really call this a downside but after viewing some reviews on the net many believe the iPad can substitute your normal desktop or laptop,

For me personally the iPad will never be able to replace my desktop for the mere reason that I'm a developer and the programmes i use and the memory required, well the iPad was never built for it

If on the other hand you are a newbie to Internet such as my mother then I believe the iPad would be ideal for her, why?

1- open it and no waiting around -your online and ready to go
2- very user friendly - not so many options you can mess with or not much that can go wrong with it

Conclusion

If you will be using your iPad for updating your social media activities, reading ebooks and having some fun all Internet related then this is a great buy.

One thing that I would like you to note when reading this is that I havnt had the time to play with all the great apps and features for the iPad - my review is based on me being a total newbie to the iPad and apple products.

I hope this review helps

Thanks

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a brand new ipad2 16gb in white. I wanted the 32gb but for $425, I couldn't pass up on a deal for the 16gb.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I got my iPad 16gb White on Tuesday, just discovered this forum today. I love it!

I'm an English 40 something woman, with kids and I'm studying for my degree finally, I also write short stories and poetry. My laptop was dying so I researched new gadgets and decided this should satisfy all my needs. I'm addicted. My house seriously needs tidying up and cleaning but this has been so much fun! Late nights downloading apps and finding out how it works has been cool.

I bought the smart cover, screen protected and small Mac keyboard with it, all I need now is a bag that all that will go in and I'm done! The only thing I thought I'd miss would be the "proper" keyboard but I love using the touch screen one and haven't used the other yet except to test.

Anyway, so far I give my iPad 2 10/10!!

Hope you're all having fun with yours too x

nannybear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have never owned an "i" anything except I do have an Airport Express but couldn't resist. Purchased the wi-fi 3g 64 gig black, the smart cover, the wireless keyboard and a Rogers Sim card. Everything except the sim has worked out of the box with a little bit of a learning curve on my part. Not familiar with Apple so took some learning on grooving around. Haven't quite figured out the email and calendar sync thing but will play this weekend. Found my tunes under the IPod icon! All in all I love it, the only thing is the no flash, so can't play my Gardens of Time ;{ Hello all!

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abs007 said:
Hi guys - just got my ipad2 32gb black no 3G

So why did I buy a iPad?

I work on the Internet as a living running a number of websites and businesses, the summer is here and we (family+me) decided to go camping for over a week - I could have taken my laptop which I did initially plan - leaving the camping trip booking so late meant that we were not able to get a electrical hookup point which was a bummer

So my searches began, I do alot of coding in .NET c# and VB however all I needed was something to read and reply to emails from,something that would allow me to sort my emails and reply to my own forum queries so on my return everything would be organised.

I've never used a apple before and was a little sceptical due to various reasons, no flash support being one of them

I decided to call apple directly, had a good 45 minute chat with them and my mind was made up, iPad2 it shall be

I went and got mine from telco, only place that had them in stock

Battery life

Never seen such a long lasting battery in my life

Touch screen

I'm not a fan of touch screen phones or devices, but the ipad2 has made me a believer, touch screen on this thing is super slick, wouldn't be the best to write long emails or updates - I tried and did get long emails and updates done- however it will not replace your main computer, which when you come to know your iPad you will see it wasn't really meant to do in the first place

Design

Awesome - gets the heads turning wherever you maybe, but the most important part is how it feels in the hand, I am able to hold my iPad with one hand and type with the other, but this becomes a little annoying and your hand will start to hurt, I purchased the magnetic cover for the iPad - was very surprised that apple didn't give any sort of protection with the iPad. The magnetic cover is good as it also folds into a stand making it much easier to type and stand.

3G or not?

On my lengthy talks with the guys at apple they made me aware that 3G will require a separate subscription based service from a mobile phone company. But he also went on to say how you are able to sync your iPhone with your iPad and use 3G from your iPad - I found this to be some great info so opted out from buying the 3G iPad - I'm actually a blackberry user myself and on. My next upgrade I will be going for a iPhone so I will also have 3G

Downsides

I can't really call this a downside but after viewing some reviews on the net many believe the iPad can substitute your normal desktop or laptop,

For me personally the iPad will never be able to replace my desktop for the mere reason that I'm a developer and the programmes i use and the memory required, well the iPad was never built for it

If on the other hand you are a newbie to Internet such as my mother then I believe the iPad would be ideal for her, why?

1- open it and no waiting around -your online and ready to go
2- very user friendly - not so many options you can mess with or not much that can go wrong with it

Conclusion

If you will be using your iPad for updating your social media activities, reading ebooks and having some fun all Internet related then this is a great buy.

One thing that I would like you to note when reading this is that I havnt had the time to play with all the great apps and features for the iPad - my review is based on me being a total newbie to the iPad and apple products.

I hope this review helps

Thanks

Excellent review and perspective. Thank you.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad 2 32Gb 3g yesterday, tax free! The only problem was being caught in 'registration hell' between iTunes and Apple. (kept saying that email address is already in use and then locked my ipad for security reasons....yep, that email address already in used was....ME!!!!) But, customer service helped fix the problem and now everything seems to work fine. It immediately recognized our router and connected to internet thru wifi. I have turned off 3g until I will need it, so can't say how that works. I was also able to print using our HP D110 printer. Have not watched any movies, but a couple of video clips were choppy at times. I have ordered an Ayl case and Moshi AG screen from Amazon and both are in transit, so should have them next week.
Now I can travel with just my iPad instead of a big, heavy laptop and all its gear plus my Kindle. Yay!

ragolfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decided to make the plunge and buy an Ipad2. Who knows when Ipad3 will come out. I got the Black 32GB-3G. It has been great so far. I did have to reload Itunes on my home computer to get Itunes to recognize the Ipad as a device.

I have an Iphone 4 so the learning curve hasn't been to bad. This forum is a great resource for info on the Ipad.

LadyBVV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad 2 32GB white for my 16 birthday in may with a pink smart cover and a stylus pen. I'm soo happy to have it because in Estonia ipad 2 comes out around september or october.

Papayafields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first post on the forums. Just got my new ipad2 a few days ago. It is my first apple device and even though I find apple to be a little bit overcontrolling with their devices, I must say with a little bit of patience you can do most things. I always thought of the ipad as just an ipod touch on steroids but oh was I wrong xDDD I cant put this thing down!! Anyways its great to be here this forum rules :D

richyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 32gb iPad 2 arrived today, absolutely loving it! Still trying to figure out best games and apps to download though :)

Most reactions