What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine..and this is what it says

IPAD WI-FI 32GB WHITE-USA
$599.00
$599.00

Ships: Jun 15
Delivers Jun 21 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: MC980LL/A

For those who have ordered from apple.com..are they usually right on the delivery date or could I Get it sooner then that?? I already own an iPad 1st Gen but I am going to sell that one the second a jailbreak comes out for the iPad 2..so I hope by the time my iPad arrives a jailbreak will be released

cshmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Ordered mine..and this is what it says

IPAD WI-FI 32GB WHITE-USA
$599.00
$599.00

Ships: Jun 15
Delivers Jun 21 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: MC980LL/A

For those who have ordered from apple.com..are they usually right on the delivery date or could I Get it sooner then that?? I already own an iPad 1st Gen but I am going to sell that one the second a jailbreak comes out for the iPad 2..so I hope by the time my iPad arrives a jailbreak will be released

Yes. They stuck to my delivery time precisely.. I think it was delivered 4 hours in advance of what was shown on the tracking page.

Reaction score
That's a long time....:) just imagine it sitting there....Let us know if your willpower holds out...Mine wouldn't!
Didn't hold off long. Ended up giving it to him that night! Lol

CandiColoredPixels said:
Just picked up a 64GB WiFi Black from my local Best Buy today. Originally ordered one through Apple earlier this week but have since canceled.

I've been calling the local Apple Stores and Best Buys for about a week and a half. Some places had white or 3G, but I know my fiance said he likes the black one.

Got it charging up right now so I didn't even get to turn it on to look at it. I'm so excited though. Worst part is I got it for his birthday and that's not until June 22nd. IDK if I can wait that long to give it to him! LoL!!

Play with it, then do a factory restore before giving it him ;)

Hedgie
I played with it a little, but only to sync is iTunes and download some Apps I think he'd use. :)

Reader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 32 3G Wifi for two weeks now and love it. It is very responsive. I was a first adopter of iPad 1 and got it the first day.
Some of you may not know that the Apple store will take iPad 1 back as a donation to Teach for America and you will get a donation for your taxes in the full amount you paid for the iPad. I did this yesterday and Apple was pleased to receive the donation for "Teach for America".

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ordered mine from the Apple Store on 5/31/11. Scheduled to ship June 14 for a delivery date of June 20. I've tried the local Apple Stores and I'm pretty sure you have to know some one or bribe them to get one locally. You can't call as much as I have and always hear a 'no'.
Anyway, I was given a gift card from Apple and Best Buy and Target and others don't accept that towards payment so I'll wait for my 64Gb with WiFi.

ITMANAGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered

My family gave me money towards an IPAD2 for my 40th (still have all my hair though). The Apple store was the same price as Best Buy so ordered the 16gb from there engraved. Ordered it on 29th May 2011, said 2 weeks plus a few days shipping. The site still says 2 weeks plus a few days shipping. Will it really be 2 weeks? I am sure I am hard to live with at the moment because I get home every day and say 'IS IT HERE YET?':confused:

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Relax

My family gave me money towards an IPAD2 for my 40th (still have all my hair though). The Apple store was the same price as Best Buy so ordered the 16gb from there engraved. Ordered it on 29th May 2011, said 2 weeks plus a few days shipping. The site still says 2 weeks plus a few days shipping. Will it really be 2 weeks? I am sure I am hard to live with at the moment because I get home every day and say 'IS IT HERE YET?':confused:

Have a glass of wine, (Unoffical IPF therapy for those in wait! Don't ask when arriving home, just wait, you will be able to tell by the expressions on the faces of your family if it has been delivered.

In the meantime, browse this site, check out the app store, and (if you are sad like me) make a list of things you would like your ipad to do.

Before you know it it will arrive! :mad:

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my iPad 2 today :-D
Been playing it ever since:p

No yellow blotches or significant light bleeding (i cannot identify any atleast)
17 days from order to recivement
32 black wifi

ceb72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All - I am back. I took my White 32GB WIFI back to Target because of backlight bleeding I had 6-7 spots on the first one. Target had no issues with the return. The Apple store would have switched it out but I wanted to upgrade to the Black AT&T 32GB model.

viningc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got my 64 GB iPad white WiFi on 16 May 2011 after waiting since 27 April 2011! Guess I wasn't in as much of a hurry as most.

Coming from working with WinTel type PCs most of my working life, this has been a bit of a culture shock. Needless to say I've had to go on a diet as I suffer from an advanced case of "fat-finger syndrome". I'm slowly getting used to it but still find it frustrating to "tap" in an undefined area instead of being able to click in a precisely defined area. I also miss the cursor navigation keys when typing. I would love to have a numeric/navigation keypad instead of the little magnifying glass that comes up if you hold your finger in one place long enough.

I also got an iMac on 5 May 2011 that was ordered at the same time. More culture shock! Instead of the CTRL + <Letter> commands I'm used to, I now have to remember to use the Command + <Letter> to do the same thing. And there is no ALT key! How can I enter ASCII characters without this ability!

Guess I will eventually get used to all this, just hope it's soon enough ...

Stardog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad2 (sooner than promised) but can't seem to get to the itunes homwpage so I can select the ipad and sync it. Every time I open itunes- yes I can put in my password and login but it just goes directly to lots of music albums. There are icons along the bottom for different things like podcsts, music etc. But nowhere to find that famous "sidebar" where I can select my ipad and choose to sync. Any clues for me?

viningc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... There are icons along the bottom for different things like podcsts, music etc. But nowhere to find that famous "sidebar" where I can select my ipad and choose to sync. Any clues for me?

The "sidebar" is where the Podcasts, music, etc display. It seems that somehow you have managed to move yours to the bottom.

Make sure your iPad is connected and then look for a new entry called Devices after the Store and before the Genius sections. Your iPad's name should be listed there.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad2 last Thursday, June 2, 2011 ... It's a white 32GB Wifi model. Got a Belkin Slim Folio Case too. Too bad the screen shield protectors are out of stock. Been playing with it ever since. Though I need to sort out problems with my credit card so I can start buying apps. :D

dayangheimy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my ipad2 on June 4th, a week earlier than scheduled June 16..
i have iphone 4
now I feel like my phone is too small :p

Most reactions

Latest posts