What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The display is so sharp and bright, I turn my brightness setting down to about 40%. I never turn it up past 70% while watching Netfix outside on a sunny day. You won't be disappointed.

Just recieved my new iPad 2 64gb AT&T 3g White. Like it a lot. Just finished updating and moving all my stuff over from my old 64gb one. Gave that one to my youngest son (kinda shocked him!). Noticed a couple of things so far, the speaker does sound louder if you set the iPad down or hold your hand under the speaker. Seems like my screen is brighter than the old one when set at the same brightness setting. Will be exploring more.

Hi Verdana, I am Tony.. my Ipad2 will be arriving soon and I would like to ask you now that you mentioned brightness,,does the the ipad2 has more glare than the previous one,..how does it look on movies and videos?
your comment will be appreciated, thanks

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember when the Apple II came out back in the 80's. Alot of people wanted those too and there was a shortage which affected prices. I want to buy an Apple Ipad 2 now and unless I pay a grossly inflated price for one on Ebay I am SOL. $500 bucks should be plenty for A 64GB with 3G when you consider they are manufacturing them for about 50 bucks each. Please tell me where I can buy an Ipad 2 16gb WITHOUT 3G for 499 and actually come home with it without waiting 6 weeks for "production" to catch up.

bwest808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my 3G AT&T 64gb black ipad2 from walmart. Still have an order on apple.com but it won't let me cancel. Hopefully I can call and cancel tomorrow. Either way this thing is great. Really happy with my purchase and glad I waited for 2nd gen.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chances are they won't let you cancel. However, when the package comes just refuse it.

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my 3G AT&T 64gb black ipad2 from walmart. Still have an order on apple.com but it won't let me cancel. Hopefully I can call and cancel tomorrow. Either way this thing is great. Really happy with my purchase and glad I waited for 2nd gen.

I would say just call apple direct. They don't actually bill your credit card until the actual day of shipment. So i don't think they would have a problem with canceling the order. Just call direct.

scalci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was last week in the USA, got my iPad2 AT&T 64Gb :) my frist, so will see :) so far very cool device...

Petdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jessjoy said:
Wow! Congrats on getting a replacement so fast! I'm truly glad you iPad 2 peeps are enjoying your toys, will be an owner in oh about a yr, for now will live with my plain iPad , trying to sell this and xbox kinect to get the new one!

Don't feel bad, I'm right there with you. I have the take the $ I had for my iPad 2 and buy a new refrigerator. Sometimes being a responsible adult sucks! I still LOVE my iPad1

sebek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT MINEEEEEE!!! Ufff! Had to take that out of my chest....:D. And guess how...I was buying some groceries at the local Wal-Mart and when I passed by electronics i saw them! What the hell! I checked almost every day!!!! I am so lucky! Proud owner of an ipad 2 black 32gb wi-fi + 3g AT&T. I won't sleep tonight....

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a black 16gb wifi only on E-bay this morning. Best Buy was out, Walmart was out and no clue when getting more. So I dug a little deeper and bought it on E-Bay, should arrive this week.

dpgipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D Greetings! I got a White (64) Wi-Fi & 3G... Ordered from apple with the engraving (why not, it was free) I will be receiving at the end of month... Looking to learn many more things now that I found this site. Cheers!

Captaindean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into a store called simply MAC and walked out with a 16 gig non 3G in Jackson hole Wyoming I've also ordered a hyperdrive hard drive for it so I can load movies on to it so I don't need a 64g ipad2

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 16gb wi-fi white over the weekend.

"downgraded" from a 32gb 1st gen since I wasn't using all that extra space. I have other Apple devices for music and I don't keep movies or tons of photos on my iPad (either I stream netflix/hulu or remove from videos after I watch) so a lot of my stuff is just stored in the cloud.

Was considering 3G, but in the end I decided I'm going to purchase a mobile hotspot of some sort as opposed to built in 3G.

I sold my 1st gen iPad the week before the expected launch of the iPad 2, and when I got my iPad 2 I didn't even care about the new features anymore, I just missed it!!!

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bwest808 said:

If you have apple care on the same order it won't let you cancel. They can cancel it by phone when you call.

Most reactions