What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new iPad sim card issue

MylesP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased an iPad 3 from John Lewis 2 days ago and received a free Three sim card with 1 gig of data preinstalled. I activated the sim and they said it should be activated within 4 hours, but still, when I turn my wifi off, I get a message saying it could not connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Myles

L

Lunar

I assume that your've obviously enabled the 3G under ' Mobile data' in the settings, is your network carrier 3 showing up okay in the 'Carrier' settings. (Note this does not show if 3G disabled) When activated the network carrier name 3 with 3g alongside it should be showing up in the topleft corner of your iPads screen ? It could be of course that 3 still haven't activated it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

MylesP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar said:
I assume that your've obviously enabled the 3G under ' Mobile data' in the settings, is your network carrier 3 showing up okay in the 'Carrier' settings. (Note this does not show if 3G disabled) When activated the network carrier name 3 with 3g alongside it should be showing up in the topleft corner of your iPads screen ? It could be of course that 3 still haven't activated it yet.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I phoned three today and they told me that the sim card I received was "blank" and they will send me another.

I will keep you updated
Myles

Most reactions

Latest posts