What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iSlate OS Debate

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are still not clear as to whether the iSlate will include a modified version of the iPhone OS or an updated "tablet" version of MAC OSX. Let us know your thoughts in this thread!

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are still not clear as to whether the iSlate will include a modified version of the iPhone OS or an updated "tablet" version of MAC OSX. Let us know your thoughts in this thread!

Wasn't it stated in one of the articles that it will be running a slightly modified verison of the iphone OS? So that way it's much easier to port over to the other device.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, I think its almost a guarantee the iPhone OS will be on it. That was posted a long time ago. (1 week in the tech world!)

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I think its almost a guarantee the iPhone OS will be on it. That was posted a long time ago. (1 week in the tech world!)

Yeah in 1 week the world can change. It will be interesting though. The OS is pretty smooth, they've worked out alot of the kinks, i wonder how well it will be ported over to the new tablet.

Skywaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least they made the right decision and not include a desktop level OS on the thing. It's the biggest problem that made Windows Tablet PC's fail (lack of a good touch based interface)

D

dvdcatalyst

of course with the App Store and stuff, the iPhone OS would be the most likely choice. However, I was hoping it would actually run a full blown tablet version of Snow Leopard instead.

Again the inovation for the device is completely under Apple's control.

ptmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It uses osx 10.5.8 or above

This is stated in the tech specs tab on the Apple ipad site!

Most reactions

Latest posts