What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iCade iPad Arcade Cabinet Is Actually Real and Has Atari Support

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PHe85YjaE[/ame]​

Last year the gadget website ThinkGeek mocked up an iPad retro arcade cabinet and put it on its site as an elaborate April Fool’s joke. The cool little cabinet sparked lots of people’s imaginations as they started to wonder if such a gadget would actually be possible to make and market, with several home-made versions appearing last year. Now ThinkGeek has actually done the sensible thing and partnered with ION to make a real, genuine, not-an-April-Fool’s-joke iCade, which it showed off at CES last week, and which you can see working in the above video. Even better, Atari is also on board with the project, having signed up to to bring many of its classic arcade titles, including Asteroids, to the iCade, with full iCade support built into them.

To use the iCade with your iPad, all you'll have to do is slide it into the iCade’s cradle, where the Bluetooth connection with the iPad will then do the job. Simple as that, and away you go with your retro gaming.

The iCade will be available to order in Spring 2011 from ThinkGeek for $99.99. For now you can sign up for the ThinkGeek mailing list to be notified when the iCade is ready to order.

Source: ThinkGeek :: iCADE - iPad Arcade Cabinet

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will definitely be picking one of these up! It reminds me of the little mini arcades I had when I was little.

Most reactions