What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE Greenpois0n INFORMATION THREAD... PLEASE POST HERE!

ajayahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question and I have been researching for quite some time now. The only thing I could find was that u install ssh in your ipad through cydia. Then u install Cyberduck on your mac for windows it is winschp I think and then you can connect into your ipad's directory.
After that go to /private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and there all the ipa files are there. Copy them and store them on your Mac or PC.
Have Appsynch 3.2 installed on your ipad through cydia and then drag and drop these ipa files in your app diretory in itunes.
I still have to try the last part will do that today and update.
Unless there is something easy out there.

ajayahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Question..Any Answers??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelinca
Hello,

I have 3.2.2 Jailbreaked on my Ipad.
What is the best way to go to 4.2.1 Jailed with Greenpoison without losing my apps+cydia tweaks.

TX

I have the same question and I have been researching for quite some time now. The only thing I could find was that u install ssh in your ipad through cydia. Then u install Cyberduck on your mac for windows it is winschp I think and then you can connect into your ipad's directory.
After that go to /private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and there all the ipa files are there. Copy them and store them on your Mac or PC.
Have Appsynch 3.2 installed on your ipad through cydia and then drag and drop these ipa files in your app diretory in itunes.
I still have to try the last part will do that today and update.
Unless there is something easy out there.[/QUOTE]

crash383

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noob question... Now that i am jailbroken, can i still sync/connect to iTunes without any issues?

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After that go to /private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and there all the ipa files are there. Copy them and store them on your Mac or

I guess you wont loose those applications except if you restore and loose all other data too. But with the normal "update" jailbreak you won't.
To backup the .ipa files thats a good way you've describer. Or just sync with Itunes, I have all the .ipa files in the backup folder from Itunes, anything, purchased or downloaded through installous...

@ crash383: yes! I'm doing it too.

bcutlerj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noob question... Now that i am jailbroken, can i still sync/connect to iTunes without any issues?

Yeah. Not a problem. It won't recognize Cydia and other apps but will allow you move the apple-approved files back and forth, as well as sync etc. freely. Love the On Demand MyWi for Pad and Phone 4. Woo hoo. Bout time.

ajayahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After that go to /private/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads and there all the ipa files are there. Copy them and store them on your Mac or

I guess you wont loose those applications except if you restore and loose all other data too. But with the normal "update" jailbreak you won't.
To backup the .ipa files thats a good way you've describer. Or just sync with Itunes, I have all the .ipa files in the backup folder from Itunes, anything, purchased or downloaded through installous...

@ crash383: yes! I'm doing it too.

Thanks, not sure whether it was the method u described or what I did, I still have all the apps

Edy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Appsynch installed on my jailbreak iPad with Greenpois0n. I don't find any icon for it on my iPad.

Is this program working only in the background or how is it supposed to work. I´m new to Cydia.

Thank you
Edy

Edy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

How is Appsynch supposed to work? I have installed it from the Cydia store, but i can`t find any icon on my iPad.

Thanks
Edy

ajayahuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppSynch

Hi,

How is Appsynch supposed to work? I have installed it from the Cydia store, but i can`t find any icon on my iPad.

Thanks
Edy

Hey Eddy
It does not install an icon on your screen , it is in background, so once you synch your Ipad with Itunes it should synch the apps for you.

AJ

Edy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!

I have an additional question. Can I install RC6 over my RC5 installation? Would I need to care about something?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

geohot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best thing to do before ever updating your iPad is to backup not only your content to iTunes but all your Cydia packages, sources and themes. I installed "PkgBackup" and it works really well. It backup everything from themes, apps, tweak and all my sources. Important note: After you backup your Cydia packages, you must sync your iPad with iTunes so that the backup can be saved to iTunes as a contact. After you have updated or restored your iPad, you will need to sync the contacts back to your iPad so that this backup is put back on your iPad. Then install "PkgBackup" from Cydia and open it and tap restore. Now you have all your Cydia packages and sources again like nothing ever happened.

aquace21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I had JB my ipad with the redsnow tethered version. Now that Greenpoison has the untethered version, can I simply JB my ipad again with the Greenpoison? Will it cause problem? Or should I restore to original state then JB with greenposion?

Thanks!

jah60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aboutmyhomebusiness.com
aquace21 said:
Hi all, I had JB my ipad with the redsnow tethered version. Now that Greenpoison has the untethered version, can I simply JB my ipad again with the Greenpoison? Will it cause problem? Or should I restore to original state then JB with greenposion?

Thanks!

If it is jail-broke why would you want to do it again, jailbreak is jailbreak, right!

Most reactions