What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Free Candle App

adidas715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the app Free Candle by Poets Mobile and I got a message I have never seen before. If you turn off the screen while the app is running and then turn the iPad back on you get a red message bar across the top that says "Candle (Recording)." Is it possible this app is secretly recording video of me? I took a screenshot, but I can't get the image to load in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's the same with skype, ym and facetime with me...

OP
A

adidas715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not taking any chances until I can find out. I covered up the camera haha!

Poetsmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
My name is Mike Bundlie, founder of Poets Mobile. I was notified about this post and feel that it's important to address personally. I can guarantee that the candle app never has and never would record anything. The candle does remain running in the background when you hit the device power button so that you can go straight back to it when you come back on. If this feature is not desired, we can revise it for the next update. Privacy is very important to us which is why none of our apps send reports back or use any of the other tracking methods out there. We created this app because I thought it would be a useful and fun way to sit in candle light. When Steve Jobs passed away, we were all heart broken, being Mac Users for most of our lives. We dedicated this candle app to him in loving memory and have been enormously touched by the response it has gotten around the world. We make no money off the app and will never make this a paid nor advertising app. It is a tribute and one that I hope people use and enjoy for a long time. If you have any questions or if I can provide further answers, please don't hesitate to email me through this forum. I will check back for responses and will do my best to respond.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the nice app. Question: Is it possible to remove that small, black, comma-like mark under the candlewick?

Poetsmobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
We have a new version coming out that incorporates accelerometer sensitivity, landscape mode and has the navigation fade out. we'll get rid of the black glitch that appears in the flame as well. Appreciate the support. - Mike

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
We have a new version coming out that incorporates accelerometer sensitivity, landscape mode and has the navigation fade out. we'll get rid of the black glitch that appears in the flame as well. Appreciate the support. - Mike

Thanks for the update, Mike.

JezJezJez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool info. Its a really nice app so glad there's nothing mysterious going on

Cheers

Jez

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded this free app today. I saw the candle app is recording notice on the screen. I kind of freaked, I have iPad 1 so I know I wasn't me it was recording, but thought it was internal. I came here to do a search and up popped this thread,iPF you rock, instant info I needed.

☮ ♥ 

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts