What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing a true country legend in concert tonight -- Dolly Parton! Very, very excited!
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wheems said:
Seeing a true country legend in concert tonight -- Dolly Parton! Very, very excited!
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Omg jealous! Have a great time!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
Aaah, the sheer luxury to be able to make oneself such nice cups of coffee! Not the nicest latte-art I've poured, but very tasty to drink! 

//Stefan

I'll have a strong flat white thanks
No sugar

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
Omg jealous! Have a great time!!

David -- Thank you, sir! I did! She was amazing!

TM -- The concert was in Concord, CA. 'bout 30 minutes from my house.

DM51 -- *snorts* Truly. I'm not exactly certain how she doesn't topple over...there must be strings and wires involved somehow...:)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You lucky chap Wheems. We are Dolly fans, she is lovely and can be eccentric.

Some years ago, we went on a coach holiday along the Californian coast. On a long drive, our guide told us that we would pass a Dolly Parton sculpture, and we wouldn't miss it. Sure enough, at one point we passed a pair of large half hemispheres with a large light housing each on top! 

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You guys! So focused on certain assets! 9to5 is still a favourite.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time, I love her she is one of the few greats left!

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi every one how it going been gone for a bit had surgery! Everything good! Every time I wood try to hop on here I would fall asleep good meds!

Sent from my iPad to here!

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Loraco said:
Hi every one how it going been gone for a bit had surgery! Everything good! Every time I wood try to hop on here I would fall asleep good meds!

Sent from my iPad to here!

Welcome back! 'Hope everything is fine and you're on the mend!

Sent from my iPad using 

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I play, too? The sign says "Anything Goes!" so I thought I would post a "recent triumph" and gloat about it a little. I'm a photographer, and live in one of America's most isolated and, some would say, desolate locations. My friends say I live "alone" but that's not true as I live with three wonderful friends and companions, whose picture appears below. They don't usually cooperate with the resident lensman and that's why I'm so pleased with this picture, taken just last night as they played together in the cool of the evening. The little one in particular hates the camera and will look away when it's pointed at her and refuse to turn her head. The one in the middle is a ham and the one on the right, the eldest, is indifferent. And of course getting them all together in one spot was sheer happenstance. Anyway, here they are...

kfxyx.jpg

Last edited:

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
You lucky chap Wheems. We are Dolly fans, she is lovely and can be eccentric.

Some years ago, we went on a coach holiday along the Californian coast. On a long drive, our guide told us that we would pass a Dolly Parton sculpture, and we wouldn't miss it. Sure enough, at one point we passed a pair of large half hemispheres with a large light housing each on top! 

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard -- Ha ha! And knowing Dolly's famously bawdy humor she would have absolutely loved that! She was telling a story last night about reporters who often ask, what with so many brothers around and all of them living in a one room cabin, how in sam hell did the girls manage to bathe? She replied, "Well, we'd grab a cloth and wash as far up as possible, then down as far as possible, and when the boys were gone, well, we'd *wash Possible*. I cried laughing.

David -- Yes, she certainly is one of the last of the old guard. And what an entertainer! Made me blush a few times, too!

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Welcome, Plainsman!! Don't keep us in suspense - where are you in the middle of nowhere?

As to the photo question, I hope someone will help you - when I tried a photo it was upside down!

Sent from my iPad using 

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
You guys! So focused on certain assets! 9to5 is still a favourite.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

And she certainly played that! The amorphous white blob you see on stage is Dolly (the camera on my phone is obviously terrible), but if you look to the top of the photo you'll see a better image of her on a screen (set up for those of us up in the rafters.)

Most reactions

Latest posts