What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - you're seeing exactly the same as I do. Up until today, I had exactly the same display on my PC and iPad, now the iPad has changed to this new layout. I hope there's a way to get the iPad to revert to the PC-style display. Otherwise I'll be switching to Bing. There should at least be a choice.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What the hell is going on with your avatar Tim? Is that a joke?

My iPad display is the same as yours guys!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AvaStar Wars has broken out amongst the Moderators!

But it is more lifelike than the last one...:(

I hope that Google quickly put back the old interface, this new one is dreadful.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'In what way is it dreadful' - I thought you were referring to my avatar, for a minute.....:(

The 'new' interface is way too spread out - the font size is too large and there's just too much blank space between successive entries. I want to see as many results on one page as I can - I'm not interested in the aesthetics - that's what always attracted me about the Google search results - function before form. Now it's form before function. A very regressive step - if they don't give the option for the 'old' interface - or I can't find a way to coax it out of Google since the 'old' interface is still there on a PC - then I'll switch to Bing which, so far, has maintained the 'Google clone' interface.

Just a choice, that's all I'm asking for; why suddenly spring this on users without warning?

Tim

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Search results Screen appearance....

I've fiddled about with the help pages and settings, limited as the settings are, but to no avail. Fonts cannot be reduced or lines condensed in any way.

There are a few complaints about the layout of Google search results in the forums hosted by Google (my Freudian slip was Goofle, which auto correct left alone. Lol / <VBG>).

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No idea why they've done this - I've switched to iCab and set my browser to IE..:mad:

Then it works just fine..

Come on, Google, "Do no evil"

Tim

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed it also, yuck not liking it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So pleased to see super T back! I kinda like it now!

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Itchy! We've just had to move 60 bales of hay from the field to our garden. I'm full of nettle, thistle stings and horse fly stings. I'm allergic but hopefully my antihistamine tablets will help.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah! You definitely realise that men are the stronger sex! I was flagging way before hubby! We had to buy more hay for the winter this year in case of more snow! You never know what will hit us! I have to say there is no better smell than newly cut hay! It smells Devine!

Most reactions

Latest posts