What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard did you see another young italian footballer had a heart attack during his game. Unfortunately he died. I never knew about this condition. So young though!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Richard did you see another young italian footballer had a heart attack during his game. Unfortunately he died. I never knew about this condition. So young though!

Yes we did read the story. Like you, I wasn't aware that so many footballers suffered from heart problems.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose the training puts a lot of stress on the heart and it's like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Is that right? Someone shot you?? Please explain......

I hope you're alright!

Lol typo, havent been shot yet, and Hayle yes moving into a different apt, I just want to get done lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
David79 said:
Lol typo, havent been shot yet, and Hayle yes moving into a different apt, I just want to get done lol

Phew, well that's good, I was worried there for a bit!

Good luck on moving, that can be a real pain at times!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I got put on meds for depression. I've had it my whole life and was finally brave enough to admit it and do something about it. Long story short I've been on my meds for two months now. They are doing wonders for me emotionally, but I'm having a bit of a problem.

I've also had INSOMNIA for two months. I sleep a few hours a night, toss and turn like hell, and never feel refreshed. Just wondering if any of you battle insomnia and would have any advice. I've tried Tylenol PM and melatonin already. But two months into this issue and I'm getting really desperate. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Guys, I got put on meds for depression. I've had it my whole life and was finally brave enough to admit it and do something about it. Long story short I've been on my meds for two months now. They are doing wonders for me emotionally, but I'm having a bit of a problem.

I've also had INSOMNIA for two months. I sleep a few hours a night, toss and turn like hell, and never feel refreshed. Just wondering if any of you battle insomnia and would have any advice. I've tried Tylenol PM and melatonin already. But two months into this issue and I'm getting really desperate. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I'm so glad you've gotten help for your depression Lindsey, my Aunt and a friend both suffer from this. They both had problems with insomnia before getting help but were able to have their meds tweaked until they found the right drug with the right dosage, perhaps you could speak with your Doctor about this, they also found physical activity did help them.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm so glad you've gotten help for your depression Lindsey, my Aunt and a friend both suffer from this. They both had problems with insomnia before getting help but were able to have their meds tweaked until they found the right drug with the right dosage, perhaps you could speak with your Doctor about this, they also found physical activity did help them.

I agree, exercise, preferably outside such as jogging, or swimming should help.

If possible try to avoid sleeping tablets as there is an addiction risk.

I hope you get through this OK Lindsey.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too! I suffer stress but that's due to my school workload. My teacher has been off sick for months and I'm in charge of his, mine and the supply teachers lesson plans.
Hope you find what you need though. Don't you exercise dogs at the local home?

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the sleep issue-- sometimes getting stressed out over the insomnia is as much stress as not sleeping. I've always had insomnia. I remember thinking "three more hours before i have to get up, two, one more hour then I have to get up....". I kind of retrained myself to think that if I don't sleep, it's ok, I'll go to bed earlier tonight. I know it sounds stupid, but it really took the pressure off of not sleeping. Also try music turned way low.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried a technique that helps you to focus on your breathing.
It's a bit like the old counting sheep.
I kept waking at 3 am every. Morning
Lie flat,arms by your side.
Breath in ...count one.. slowly while inhaling.
Breath out .....count two while exhaling.
Keep doing this slowly
One,two,......one...two....
I remember when I wake the next morning.
Better than pills
Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts