What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm here now. Sorry you're having problems.

Thanks Robert! As I said to Lyndsey, I'm not touching anything again. No synching with laptop because that's where it goes pear shaped. Thank god I'm typing on my iPad again. I love my iPhone 4 but those keys are TINY!!!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww! That is so sweet, it takes me back to my dating days. Still with my hubby, 21 years later... Still in love.

I was watching the celebration of Steve Jobs and the love that shines out is awesome. I especially enjoyed one of my favourite bands, Coldplay, sing for them and Steve. Very funny how SJ thought their song Yellow was s**t! Ha ha
Congrats on your marriage, Hun! I just got Coldplay's newest album. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I'm willing to give them another shot!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats on your marriage, Hun! I just got Coldplay's newest album. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I'm willing to give them another shot!

Thanks sweetie! We are poor but happy! At least I've got my paddy and iPhone 4. I LOVE Coldplay.
1. They come from the South West of England like we do.
2. I have all their albums
3. I can't believe SJ loved them too! Wow

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks sweetie! We are poor but happy! At least I've got my paddy and iPhone 4. I LOVE Coldplay.
1. They come from the South West of England like we do.
2. I have all their albums
3. I can't believe SJ loved them too! Wow
Steve loved my favorite musician, too. Bob Dylan. :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's not to love? Not the greatest vocalist in the world, but certainly a musician and poet extraordinaire!
His vocals quickly grew on me, but that's because I love his lyrics, undoubtedly. But to anyone who says Bob can't sing, I direct them to his albums New Morning and Nashville Skyline​. He definitely CAN sing, he just usually chooses not to!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
His vocals quickly grew on me, but that's because I love his lyrics, undoubtedly. But to anyone who says Bob can't sing, I direct them to his albums New Morning and Nashville Skyline​. He definitely CAN sing, he just usually chooses not to!
That's a good point! He can if he so chooses. Still a brilliant artist by any measure.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Dylan I'm afraid! Yes, he can write brilliant songs and sing but it's too melancholy for me. I had a music teacher in high school who adored him but she played him so many times that I loathed listening to him in the end. I've hated it since. Sorry! I love most of the bands, singers etc... Music needs to make me feel better and happier like Coldplay, Muse, Linkin Park, Green Day etc...

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Continuing on the recorded music theme - what I've been listening to recently: Roberta Gambarini (if you love jazz vocal standards check her out), Marsalis and Eric Clapton "Play the Blues" and Hugh Laurie's (actor from "House") new record "Let Them Talk"

Sent from my iPad using 

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Enjoying the Mott The Hoople - Ian Hunter "Old Records Never Die" Anthology.
New music - the Evanescence new release is quite good. A little poppy for them but well produced and Amy Lee's voice range
is devastating.
The "What You Want" video on VEVO is excellent - especially the Manhattan at night cut scenes.

AA

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
That's a good point! He can if he so chooses. Still a brilliant artist by any measure.
Touché, my friend.

Hayles66 said:
Not a big fan of Dylan I'm afraid! Yes, he can write brilliant songs and sing but it's too melancholy for me. I had a music teacher in high school who adored him but she played him so many times that I loathed listening to him in the end. I've hated it since. Sorry! I love most of the bands, singers etc... Music needs to make me feel better and happier like Coldplay, Muse, Linkin Park, Green Day etc...
No need to apologize. I like a TON of music, he's just my ultimate favorite. I like Vietnam era songs that have some sort of historical meaning.. Being a future history teacher and all!

But see I'd argue that Linkin Park doesn't make me feel happy! I do enjoy Muse, though.

Lately I've been listening to Bob, Wilco, and blink-182, three artists that could not be more different, haha

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts