What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texting with iPad2 using Verizon cell number

Dbarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my ipad2 and can easily see where this could take the place of my droid x except ido quite a bit of texting. Anyway possible to somehow recieve cellphone texts on my iPad and respond using iPad? I don't want another number and my cellphone number is something I don't want to give up.

nelson8403

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can use google voice and set up your existing number in the program and text with it.. you can also listen to your voicemails

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use textfree w/voice for free calls and SMS text. They give you your own # with your area code. Then I use TextNow for free MMS and SMS. They also give you a number for free but it won't be your area code.



D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried a lot and those 2  I highly recommend. Their Free in the AppStore.



Nora21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Welcome! Try Text+. I think that is is free right now. See what others chime in with.:)

Yes textz is free but they give u a new number I don't need a new number I want to use my number. So how can I
Download free text with my number that I have ....thank u

Omegamurph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZipWhip

I just found the app and it uses your existing number on your phone.

Most reactions