What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering iPhone 4 or Android to iPad 2

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Theres an app called pdanet. Or easy tether pro.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thank you! Wish me luck! Haven't a clue lol

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goobergator said:
is your ipad 2 running on the older o/s or the newer o/s 5?
Thanks!

The version of iOS shouldn't make a difference as its the phone which is outputting the wifi signal. If your iPad sees the signal, no matter what it's from it'll be able to piggyback it.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dulciedarling said:
Yes I've got the new download, did it last wk. piggyback???

Piggyback.....must be my Englishness! It means to be carried on the back of someone else (so using someone else's legs to get you around) which in this case is using another devices connection to give your iPad a wifi signal. I hope that made sense, I may have confused myself......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-3835044562.jpg
    image-3835044562.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 190

dulciedarling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha yes I know what a piggyback is, even coming from Wales lol" thanks for ur help!

goobergator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The version of iOS shouldn't make a difference as its the phone which is outputting the wifi signal. If your iPad sees the signal, no matter what it's from it'll be able to piggyback it.

The Archangel

Thank you! - I just got the ipad2 (yes I am a late bloomer) and want to tether it to my vzn galaxy s (which still has the grandfathered unlimited plan) Which tether app/program is recommended?

robelliott2125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most, if not all UK providers don't charge for tethering now. As there is a personal hotspot feature in all iPhones running IOS5, then as long as you have a decent size data package it's not a problem.

I believe that this is for Contract only users.

I'm PAYG with T-Mobile, and have recently bought my iPhone 4s directly from Apple, and was given my iPad 2 (Wifi) for my birthday.
Unfortunately, as I'm PAYG, I can't create a personal hotspot, nor do either idevice see each other via bluetooth, which sucks, as I have an awesome package with T-Mobile, where I have Unlimited Internet.

I'm reluctant to jailbreak either idevice, which brings me to my question.

Is there a way, without jailbreaking, to create or share the iPhone's internet?

I'm so glad Netflix doesn't moan about being Wifi only on my iPhone, and just uses the available 3G (what little it finds).

Thank you,

crj2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluetooth tethering ipad2

my ipad2's wifi setting is grey out think its broken and the bluetooth is able to pair headset.

does the ipad2 have to have wifi and jailbroken in oder to get its bluetooth to pair android phone?? I want to use android's internet on my ipad2 4.3.3 to download cydia from jailbreakme.com, please help.

(i dont have android phone, need to find someone to test this.... or im thinking I might get pdanet running under bluestacks in windows..)

Last edited:

robelliott2125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad2's wifi setting is grey out think its broken and the bluetooth is able to pair headset.

does the ipad2 have to have wifi and jailbroken in oder to get its bluetooth to pair android phone?? I want to use android's internet on my ipad2 4.3.3 to download cydia from jailbreakme.com, please help.

(i dont have android phone, need to find someone to test this.... or im thinking I might get pdanet running under bluestacks in windows..)

Can you do a screenshot of the setting greyed out? I've not tried this on the iPad, but on the iPhone, it's the power button and home button pressed together (it will then make the screen flash, and hey presto! one screenshot).
Have you tried connecting the iPad to a Wifi network?

As for jailbreaking the iPad, you shouldn't have to, to use a hotspot from an android phone.
There are applications out there for the phone to broadcast it's own wifi signal, which the iPad can then piggyback off, and I have since done this with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s (I believe my upgrading to iOS 5.1 helped this).

Most reactions

Latest posts