What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tether/Piggyback iPod Touch onto iPad unlimited 3G???

MRF326

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to Tether/Piggyback an iPod Touch so that it can use an iPad unlimited 3G? I have seen it done with an iPad tethered to an iPhone to use the iPhone's 3G, but want to know if there is a way to make the iPad the source of the 3G signal for the iPod Touch. Jailbreaking? Apps? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

- MRF326

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to Tether/Piggyback an iPod Touch so that it can use an iPad unlimited 3G? I have seen it done with an iPad tethered to an iPhone to use the iPhone's 3G, but want to know if there is a way to make the iPad the source of the 3G signal for the iPod Touch. Jailbreaking? Apps? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

- MRF326

LoL why use a small screen … when you can use the big one … i can’t understand why … sorry for my silly question :D

OP
M

MRF326

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is great but cumbersome...

iPad is great for work but cumbersome in the car and such... thought i might try to turn my iPod Touch into an iphone with Line2 and tethered internet piggybacked on the iPad unlimited 3G which winds up being cheaper and saves me from handing over more $$$ to AT&T! Any HELP?????

OP
M

MRF326

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured that out, BUT...

Thanks for the info. I managed to figure out about jailbreaking and MyWi, but unfortunately, I had already upgraded to 3.2.2 . With no established jailbreAk for 3.2.2, I guess I am stuck waiting for iOS4 and its jailbreak before I can use MyWi, unless anybody has another solution. Thanks for trying to help.

Edward_Hyde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree with MRF326 ! I've been trying to figure this out for "reverse" tethering for quite some time. Bluetooth uses to much power, and I'm looking to do the same thing as MRF326 with Line2. The iPad is to cumbersome to use in the car for phone calls.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wondered if this could be done.:) lol...and we can make the ipad into a phone too..wow neat!Nifty!!
I dont need it but still cool to know!!LoL

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree with MRF326 ! I've been trying to figure this out for "reverse" tethering for quite some time. Bluetooth uses to much power, and I'm looking to do the same thing as MRF326 with Line2. The iPad is to cumbersome to use in the car for phone calls.

Things have moved on considerably since the original thread in 2010. MyWi is fully working on a JB iPad1, and it is easy to JB all the latest versions of iOS up to 4.3.3. MyWi costs $20 from Cydia (one time purchase). I use it myself, although not to make phone calls from an iPod Touch!

You simply jailbreak the iPad, purchase and install MyWi, reboot, and then you can tether any device to it via WiFi, BlueTooth, and cable (for Laptop / PC) and use your iPad 3G data bundle.

Hope that helps.

Edward_Hyde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MyWi & Jailbreaking

Thank you for the information. Especially since my Ipad 2 is on 4.3.3. Can you tell me what you used to jailbreak your iPad? Also, are you able to restore your iPad to it's original state if for some reason you're unhappy with the jailbreak?

Thanks again !

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Edward_Hyde said:
Thank you for the information. Especially since my Ipad 2 is on 4.3.3. Can you tell me what you used to jailbreak your iPad? Also, are you able to restore your iPad to it's original state if for some reason you're unhappy with the jailbreak?

Thanks again !

Sorry, you didn't mention you had an iPad2 till now, and the thread and discussion up to that point was iPad1. There is no jailbreak for iiPad2 yet. Check out the threads in the hacking section. The stickies in particular give you all the info and background you need, and will be updated as soon as the JB is available.

Edward_Hyde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y ! You've been a wealth of information. I'll keep checking the threads as you suggested for the iPad 2 hacks.

Most reactions

Latest posts